About the Company
Glen-Gery Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited (“The Group”) is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization exceeding $2.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments. The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates nationally across Australia, recently acquiring Glen-Gery Corporation to add operations in the USA.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers and operates nine brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.
Glen-Gery is a dynamic organization in search of a Distribution Manager in our Adel Plant. This role is responsible for customer service to include the interaction between sales, plant management, distributors and other customers for product information, availability, orders, samples and complaint resolution. Other responsibilities also include managing inventory control, production planning and supervision of the customer service/dispatching staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide product availability, pricing and technical information as required
- Process orders, order changes, sample requests and shipment releases
- Assist Plant Manager with production scheduling
- Administration of the order book
- Prepare forecast and analysis for all customer business as required
- Produce reports for month end such as invoice registers, price exceptions, marginal contributions, sales trends
- Responsible for managing material allocation against all customer orders
- Coordinate management of material shipments, material to be pre-billed, order cancellations
- Process cash sales, bank deposits and reconciliations
- Responsible along with Plant Manager for maintaining inventory accuracy and supervision of physical and cycle inventory counts
- Provide quality resolutions to product complaints including coordination with dispatch and accounting on credits, product returns and price reductions
- Responsible for SOX requirements as relates to sales and distribution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Good organizational, analytical and computer skills
- Strong problem solving/conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of business principles: customer service, accounting, marketing, manufacturing processes and materials, inventory control, quality assurance
- Ability to support a team environment, company policies, procedures, continuous improvement
- College degree in business, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years customer service/distribution experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience and knowledge of building products industry preferred
Glen-Gery offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and 401(k) plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
In addition to brick, Glen-Gery is also known for its superior line of manufactured stone veneer, Landmark Stone. Glen-Gery Landmark Stone is available in eight different profiles including stackstone, fieldstone, ledgestone, fieldledge, glen ridge, limestone, cut cobble and ashler. Glen-Gery Landmark Stone is manufactured with the same attention to detail and craftsmanship that have defined all Glen-Gery products for over a century.
Glen-Gery's other brands include Glen-Gery Thin Tech, Glen-Gery Natural Stone, Glen-Gery Color Mortar and Glen-Gery Pre-blended Mortar. The addition of these complimentary brands has kept Glen-Gery a leader in the building products industry.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation's largest brick manufacturers and operates nine brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.