About the Opportunity:
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing best in class customer experience by acting as the liaison between customers and the company. The CSR proactively supports the business by processing and dispensing information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests over the phone, electronically or face to face.
This is a seasonal assignment with a duration of 3-4 months. The position has the potential of becoming permanent, full-time in the new year.
- Acts as single point of contact for assigned accounts through multiple communication channels such as phone, email, live chat and social media.
- Processes customer orders/changes/returns according to established department policies and procedures.
- Informs customers of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by the customer.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of Company products including finished goods and individual components as well as product applications.
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Confers with production and shipping departments to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Researches and reconciles payment deduction and compliance issues, submitting disputes with necessary backup as needed.
- Maintains customer name and address database.
- Provides backup support for Front Desk Specialist as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree preferred).
- Two (2) to three (3) years of customer service or inside sales experience.
- Must be proficient with a PC and able to utilize basic business office software, including Microsoft Office Suite and are familiar with Microsoft Office CRM or similar application.
- Must be comfortable using multiple computer programs while working with customers.
- Must be able to maintain composure and keep a positive, professional demeanor while working under stress with numerous interruptions.
- Must possess excellent organization skills, able to set priorities, and be responsive to customer requests.
- Must be self-motivated, with high energy, an engaging level of enthusiasm, and tremendous integrity and work ethic.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment. May be required to work evenings and/or weekends. Constantly (85%) operates a computer and normal office equipment. Essential functions of the job are usually (85%) performed while sitting for extended periods of time. Frequently (75%) be required to stand, walk, talk, sit, and hear. This position occasionally (40%) required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. May be required to reach above shoulder height, below the waist, or lift as needed to file documents or store materials (up to 50 pounds) throughout the work day. Seldom (20%) visits manufacturing areas, which may require using personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, hard hat, and mandatory hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer