Glatfelter Fort Smith, AR
- Posted: 29 days ago
- $20 to $24 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
ROLE: Under direction of Maintenance Leadership, performs a variety of duties relative to the care, installation, replacement, and repair of all types of mechanical equipment and parts used throughout the mill, e.g., pumps, gear units, plumbing, open gears, drive belts and chains, conveyors, etc.; ensures safety of self, others, and equipment in all work areas.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Leader
Removes, dismantles, and reassembles all types of mechanical equipment; uses various hand tools, hoists, slings, alignment equipment, hydraulic presses, drills, horizontal band saw, heating and welding equipment and other shop tools and equipment. Collaborates with colleagues to maximize performance of site. Maintains a clean and safe working environment for self and others. Complies with codes and local statutes.
· Participates with colleagues as required in all tasks related to a safe and effective operation.
· Utilizes PLCs to solve hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic problems, and replaces components as necessary.
· Installs new or replacement equipment in accordance with sketches, blueprints, and specifications for alignment, rotation, speed, etc.
· Documents work performed and changes made to the system, and collects/records data.
· Performs welding and fabrication as necessary.
· Assists in on-the-job training of others.
· Assignments and duties may vary at times.
NON- ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Back up for other Maintenance team members
DESIRED VALUES & BEHAVIORS
· Commitment to safety
· Works easily across functional and geographic areas to resolve issues and identify/execute appropriate solutions
· Support philosophy of “One Company – One Culture”
· Actively supports Glatfelter Core Values
· Proactive approach to client service and value generation
· Flexible in a fast paced, high intensity environment with willingness to perform other tasks as needed
· Belief in a Proactive, Predictive maintenance system
· Desire to learn and grow professionally
BASE LOCATION, TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
· Located in Fort Smith, AR .
· Travel depending on requirement and specific projects up to 6% (More travel at first, during on-boarding.)
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Technical certificate or equivalent from a two year college or technical school;
· Or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Adept at utilizing PLC systems for troubleshooting.
· Welding (TIG, MIG, Stick) and fabrication skills desirable.
· Familiar with pumps: rotary, booster, centrifugal, etc…
· Experience working with general industrial equipment: hoists, drill press, hydraulic press, band saws, grinders, etc…
· Basic understanding of industrial electrical systems (480V).
· Understanding and respect for proper equipment alignment and adjustment
· Ability to read and understand technical prints and drawings
· Experience with Lock-out-tag-out, Arc Flash procedures, and NFPA as applicable to trade.
· Experience with computer-based Maintenance system for PMs, parts control, and work orders is desirable. (SAP, MP3, etc…)
· Computer literacy required (logging information, research, record keeping, and typing is desirable)
· Experience in continuous welding with CO2; Argon welding in stainless steel preferred.
AddressFort Smith, AR