CNC Machinist Programmer
Glass Technology Inc Durango, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CNC Machinist in beautiful Durango, Colorado. Ccompany in tool manufacturing, marketing, and distribution domestically and international. Position includes Manual and CNC Lathe and Mill work. Must be able to do your own set-up and programming and 3 d modeling. Clean shop, good pay plus benefits, Be apart of a organization that is at the forefront of innovation and design for the auto tool industry, not a high production environment located in one of the most desirable places to live. Durango, Colorado
Contact GT Tools at (970) 247- 9374.
CNC Machinist 3 and axis lathe and Mill with live tooling and manual mill and manual lathe
This position is responsible for small parts machining to fulfill inventory levels within the company. Machinist is required to produce parts that will meet or exceed GT Tools and customer specifications. Improvement is an important part continuing to enhance the quality, processes, material, and methods used in the production process.
• Finish all parts assigned for production in a timely manner.
• Produce a first article for every part to review and inspect for quality control.
• Maintain an organized and clean work area every day.
• Maintain all equipment and keep all tools organized.
• Sufficient knowledge and experience in operating a manual mill and lathe.
• Keep an accurate count on all raw materials needed to produce machined parts.
• Update drawings and measurements for any changes made to parts and components.
• Perform to the duties outlined by the Production Manager.
• Work with all team members in a positive way.
• Always focusing on ways to improve processes, products, workflow, research and development.
• Must always have a focus on producing and exceeding requirements in all work produced.
• Be involved in design changes and other improvements considered in improvement meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
• Have good mechanical aptitude and be trainable.
• Complete knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning. Be able to machine parts that meet the requirements that are called out on an engineering print.
• Be able to check the accuracy of measuring tools and calibrate them if needed.
• Have a working knowledge of manual lathes, cutting speeds, feeds, processes, work holding and tooling. Ability to sharpen tooling, select inserts and tool care. Perform any maintenance scheduled or required to maintain accuracy and reliability of machine.
• Have a working knowledge of manual mills, cutting speeds, feeds, processes, work holding and tooling. Ability to sharpen end mills and other tooling, select inserts and tool care. Perform any maintenance scheduled or required to maintain accuracy and reliability of machine.
• Ability to work with CAD related programs to create engineered prints to perform work.
• This Machinist position is expected to be a good steward of Safety, Professionalism, Ethical and Moral behavior.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Performance to match job criteria.
Born in 1984, GT Tools® believes true innovation is created through building personal, long-term relationships with our customers, allowing us to understand the challenges they face; this fuels the creativity to solve problems and gain efficiencies in the industries we serve.
GT Tools® commitment to the automotive, auto glass and glass industries has been unwavering for over 34 years, specializing in manufacturing cutting edge windshield repair and replacement tools as well as glass and plastic restoration solutions. When you purchase GT Tools®, you’re not only buying great products, you’re also gaining the commitment and support that insures those products will meet the demands of the industry.
Innovation is in our DNA. Starting with the auto glass industry's first automated windshield repair system in 1984, GT Tools® has continued to push the boundaries on what is truly possible through our development of advanced tools and methods. GT Tools® holds numerous patents that have served the auto glass industry over the decades.
Your success is our success! In a world where automation has taken away the charm of personal connections, we remain steadfast in our belief that real conversations provide the foundation for a trusting relationship with you. The personalized relationship we will build with you through the discovery, education, solution identification, training, and lifetime support will continue to be a driving force that separates GT Tools® from the pack.
Glass Technology Inc
264 Davidson Creek RdDurango, CO
ManufacturingView all jobs at Glass Technology Inc