We specialize in all things glass. Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Wash., today Glass Doctor offers quick and affordable glass services to business, home, and auto owners at more than 270 locations across the United States and Canada. Our team of qualified experts lives our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus while having fun in the process! We hire reliable, friendly, and customer service-focused glass professionals and office staff who are dedicated to creating a delightful customer experience.
The Flat Glass Technician Trainee is key member of our team responsible for the quality and efficient installation of residential and commercial flat glass and related glass products such as windows, storefronts, mirrors, display cases, shower doors, etc. You will assist in developing new customers by identifying opportunities to sell additional work. Exemplifying our code of values, you show respect and courtesy to all customers and employees. We call our Technicians, Specialist; because we are a cut above the rest. We are always looking for people with the right stuff to be a part of our team.
You are self-motivated, thrive in fast moving environments, and able to manage time to effectively meet deadlines? With proven communication skills, you are eager to learn from trained professionals and take the next step in your career.
- Assist in installing glass, mirrors, door and window hardware in replacement and new installations
- Help insure the efficient use of materials and maintain adequate stock of vehicle
- Assist in selling flat glass products and services to customers
- Learn how to conduct accurate field measuring and cut flat glass and mirrors according to specified dimensions and patterns.
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Execute Service with Advanced Training (SWAT)
- Perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
- Prior experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to measure accurately and use tape measures and levels
- Physical ability to work with ladders, scaffolding and related equipment required for glass installation
- No fear of heights on a ladder or lift
- Proficiency to navigate tablet-based technology
- Excellent communication skills
Benefits: Benefits package varies by location
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!