Draft Beer Service Tech
- April 18, 2023
- $20 Hourly
WE LOVE BEER!
All of our employees have a true passion for beer that is reflected in our service to our customers. Our mission is to provide great tasting draft beer to the consumer the way the brewmaster intended and to grow the sales of draft beer in the markets we serve.
Position Description and Performance Requirements
As a Service Technician, you are primarily responsible for learning technical skills pertaining to the draft beer systems trade, company culture, processes, and customer service skills. The position of Draft Service Technician DST is a position whose role is to Service draft equipment and Assist in installations of draft systems as assigned. The ideal candidate for this opening would be mechanically inclined, proactive, communicative, and eager to learn new skills within the draft beer industry.
This position will work regularly at the client level, so the DST will be required to communicate all aspects of the statuses of projects (including route coverage) and the completion of Service requests on an ongoing basis. Strong customer service skills are expected of this position.
Typical work hours are M-F 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (regular overtime opportunities available)
- Performs clean, professional, up to code technical work in the field.
- Upholds the highest level of customer service.
- Completes invoices outlining actions taken and payment received.
- Assists in the installation of a variety of draft beer systems and their components.
- Participates in meetings, technical training opportunities, workshops, training, and seminars.
- Maintains and demonstrates a "failure is not an option" culture within the company.
- To maintain a high level of communication with every customer as to the status of their accounts
- To maintain a high level of communication with your management team as to the status of assigned accounts.
- To be responsible for maintaining a clean/sanitary work and storage area for company equipment.
- To be on time and present as scheduled.
- To maintain a professional appearance at all times, including wearing the proper uniform and required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- To remain beer neutral, this is to say we cannot and will not recommend any one beer over another.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills.
- Clear written and oral communication ability.
- Comfort with mobile technology (smartphones) and mobile applications
- To display mechanical aptitude / be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to learn and retain draft beer system operations and best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Responsible and safe operation of a company vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Physical Requirements: (lifting, bending, climbing, driving, etc.)
- Must have a valid, unexpired driver's license with a clean DMV record
- Must be available for rotating, on-call weekends
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in Food & Beverage/Hospitality (preferred)
- Working knowledge of draft systems (preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in a service-based industry
Benefits & Incentives:
- Starting pay of $20.00/hr, dependent on experience
- Use of a company vehicle with maintenance and gas paid
- Use of company cellphone with minutes and data paid
- Medical, Dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with employer matching contribution
- Monthly and Quarterly bonus opportunities based on revenue generation.
Glacier Design Systems Inc.
AddressChula Vista, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?