About the Role
The Corporate Accountant will be employed within the Finance and Accounting department of Glacier Bancorp, Inc. This position entails accurately preparing time-sensitive financial reports (both internal and external), assisting in the Finance and Accounting departments internal processes and financial reporting, and independently managing a variety of banking or accounting related projects.
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
This is a Corporate position located in Kalispell, MT.To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.gbcijobs.com/pages/about-us.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing the quarterly consolidated financial statements, Forms 10Q, earnings press release and related supporting schedules on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in preparing internal management and board reporting.
- Manage and reconcile general ledger accounts and specific accounting bank related areas.
- Assisting in managing assigned areas of the Companys accounting department.
- Assist in managing a variety of banking and accounting projects as assigned.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing the annual report, Form 10K, and related supporting schedules after year end.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in banking industry and/or public accounting required.
- Financial accounting experience and understanding of GAAP required.
- Specialized knowledge of SEC reporting preferred.
- Experience with COGNOS and the Silverlake operating systems of Jack Henry and Associates vendor preferred.
Bachelor degree in business with an accounting major required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
Expert use of Microsoft Excel. Ability to quickly learn other software products (e.g. Jack Henry, Power point, COGNOS).
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, applicable State and Federal regulations, primarily those of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, Securities and Exchange Commission, the FDIC, and the Federal Reserve Board and applicable association regulations.
- Knowledge of activities of financial institutions and the required accounting treatment, internal controls, and reconciliation procedures of those activities.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently in a professional manner and in a teamwork setting.
- Must be self motivated, work quickly and accurately, flexible in day-to-day activities, and able to adapt to changing conditions.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators.
Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary.
Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management.
Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $11 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 7 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR