About the Role
The Cognos Reporting Specialist will be employed within the GBCI Corporate Accounting department of Glacier Bancorp, Inc. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and support of processes related to the Business Analytics/Business Intelligence package used by GBCI (e.g., IBM Cognos Analytics), including the preparation and management of reports and the interaction with GBCI departments and Bank Divisions in responding to various business and ad hoc report requests and issues. This position must also develop and facilitate controls and procedures around the Business Analytics/Intelligence package and provide training to the users.
This is a Corporate position which may be located at an available bank division location across our eight state footprint in AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WA, or WY. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.gbcijobs.com/pages/about-us.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritize incoming business requests and respond to ad hoc report requests and issues from GBCI departments and Bank Divisions. Communicate with stakeholders regarding information needs.
- Prepare and develop Business Analytics/Intelligence package reports for GBCI departments and Bank Divisions based on business needs (e.g., acquired bank reports, centralized reports, dashboards).
- Maintain and distribute centralized Business Analytics/Intelligence package reports for GBCI departments and Bank Divisions.
- Exhibit a commitment to data quality by developing appropriate job aids, internal control processes, testing etc. over Business Analytics/Intelligence package reporting. Manage Business Analytics/Intelligence package processes and procedures.
- Provide and facilitate training to Business Analytics/Intelligence package users and develop training materials.
- Work with the Companys IT department in providing production support and troubleshooting for critical Business Analytics/Intelligence package issues. Serve as an expert knowledge base for system and data impacts related to the Business Analytics/Intelligence package. Develop and perform solutions impacting the companys Business Analytics/Intelligence package.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
- Minimum of 3 years of similar or related experience is required.
- Experience with IBM COGNOS Analytics or other business intelligence (BI) products required.
- Experience with SQL or other scripting languages preferred.
- Experience supporting and maintaining a business critical IT system requiring collaboration with many departments preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related major is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Expert use of IBM COGNOS Analytics or other Business Analytics/Intelligence package. Ability to quickly learn other software products (e.g. Jack Henry).
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, applicable State and Federal regulations, primarily those of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, Securities and Exchange Commission, the FDIC, and the Federal Reserve Board and applicable association regulations.
- Knowledge of activities of financial institutions.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently in a professional manner and in a teamwork setting.
- Must be self motivated, work quickly and accurately, flexible in day-to-day activities, and able to adapt to changing conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.Is able to bend, sit, and stand in order to perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $13.7 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR