About the Role
The Cognos Administrator is responsible for designing, configuring and maintaining the Cognos reporting infrastructure. Candidate must have excellent knowledge of Cognos, and preferably knowledge of Jack Henry branded Cognos against a Jack Henry data source. Candidate also needs good knowledge of T-SQL, stored procedure development, data modeling, data warehousing and SQL administration. Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and will work collaboratively with members of the technology, business and vendor solution teams to design, develop and maintain the Cognos environment and assist the business in developing critical business reports.
Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
This is a Corporate position which may be located at an available bank division location across our seven state footprint in AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WA, or WY. To learn more about our bank divisions, please visit: https://www.gbcijobs.com/pages/about-us.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cognos Administration - Administer, maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots and supports the business intelligence and performance management system Cognos. This includes managing and modifying data source connections and foundational data schemas and models to support business and banking leadership in their endeavors to use and facilitate reporting across the enterprise.
- SQL, ETL Development - Design, develop and test software-driven routines to implement ETL (extract, transform and load) procedures to consolidate and validate business data gathered from disparate systems throughout the organization. Utilize data warehousing automation tools such as TimeXtender or, WhereScape.
- SQL Server Administration Backup - Provide backup support to the primary SQL Server Database Administrator(s), helping to ensure reliable and performant SQL Server environments to support various business and technical applications through the organization.
- Report Writing Assistance - Assist report writers from the business in developing SQL logic and structure to pull the required data.
- System improvement - Continually work to improve the Cognos infrastructure to increase automation and increase reliability and stability for business critical reports.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by the due date.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with Cognos, SQL, TSQL, and ETL required.
- Experience with Data Analytics and Business Intelligence reporting and manipulating large data sets required.
- Experience installing and maintaining Cognos in a Windows environment required.
- Experience with Jack Henry software and Microsoft Azure cloud preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Database Management or similar field; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the organization and work independently.
- Strong customer focus with skills to determine business requirements and uncover unmet internal / external customer needs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to make judgments based on information provided.
- Ability to work and complete tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to waist level and occasionally overhead. Employee may on occasion lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job, and the employee must have the ability to drive and have proper licensing.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR