- Follow all sanitation and allergen procedures.
- Follow all packaging requirements, check lot numbers, labeling and weights.
- Package materials in quantities as instructed in the shop floor.
- Pack out product using specialized packing equipment eg. Bulk lines and vertical form filling machines
- Assist the maintenance team in preventative maintenance and troubleshooting the packing equipment
- Loading bags ranging in weights of 1 to 5 pounds in cartons at a rate of 20-40 bags per minute.
- Complete the schedule as laid out by the Planner and Lead operator each day. Report any deficiencies to the Supervisor as needed.
- Maintain proper documentation as required which includes RF transfers/receipts.
- Programming and operating equipment (lifter, bag sealer, filler, metal detector, magnets and screeners, etc.).
- Keep work place clean and organized.
- On occasion, complete special tasks as required by Supervisor.
- Follow all GMP, security and safety policies.
- Follow all HACCP requirements.
- Follow Plant Rules.
- Follow Company policies.
- At least 1 year experience in food related plant operations.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to read and write in English in order to complete documentation.
- Computer literate to be able to utilize our computerized systems.
- Capable of loading bags ranging in weights of 1 to 5 pounds in cartons at a rate of 20-40 bags per minute.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs and ability to handle up to 400 lbs with use of forklifts or jacks.
- Reading and understanding of MSDS.