Girls on the Run Middle Tennessee Executive Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Executive Director
Location: Greater Nashville area (on site)
Reports to: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full time/Salary
Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee is a local nonprofit organization that operates in agreement with Girls on the Run International (GOTRI) and is dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running. Our program currently serves Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Rutherford and Montgomery counties. In our most recent fall season, we served 12 sites and 149 participants, who were mentored by 39 coaches. It is our intention to substantially increase our impact annually.
Girls on the Run (“GOTR”) believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary, or gender expansive in our programs. We are committed to leveraging our intellectual, financial, and human resources to advance strategies to be inclusive, equitable and accessible to all.
Consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run, the Executive Director of GOTR Middle Tennessee is responsible for the overall development, management, organization and financial solvency of the council. The Executive Director will develop strong collaborative relationships with community leaders, schools and school systems, non-profit partners, and volunteers to actualize our missional impact within the community. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and strong financial acumen. They will demonstrate resiliency, optimism and determination through strategic planning and implementation and will amplify our organizational commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and access through the creation and activation of purposeful policies and partnerships.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Program Management and Development
- Drive strategic geographic and programmatic growth by developing new and diverse community and school-based partnerships while strengthening and building upon current relationships
- Oversee the management and coordination of end of season 5ks
Partnerships and Fund Development
- Strategically build and activate new relationships that lead to effective and collaborative community partnerships
- Steward, foster and expand upon current sponsor/partner relationships
- With the support of the Fundraising and Marketing Committee, create and implement a diversified fund development plan that meets or exceeds required contributed income goals
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan, embedding inclusion, diversity, equity and access imperatives and outcomes throughout
- Lead, support and empower volunteers; recognize and map future staffing opportunities
- Demonstrate financial acumen, ensuring the organization’s progress toward meeting financial goals
- Build a culture centered on our core values; elevate and demonstrate a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and access
- Maintain a strong relationship with Girls on the Run HQ; adhere to all GOTRI council obligations and policies
- Track, analyze, and measure council data and key performance indicators to identify outcomes and opportunities
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to maintain a positive, effective and engaged board
- Maintain ethical standards and accountability, manage risk, perform due diligence, and implement operational best practices
- Education or work experience in youth development and/or nonprofit management; experience in managing budgets and financial oversite
- Aspirational, action-oriented, influential, and empowering
- Commitment to successful fundraising and grant writing
- Passion for the Girls on the Run mission centric work and alignment with our core values
- Confident and influential speaker in both large and small settings
- Strong technological proficiency to navigate an array of web-based software
- Ability to utilize social media applications for marketing/engagement
- Readiness to embrace the complex work of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to seize opportunities
- A willingness to take on a hands-on role with regards to program execution and administrative needs
- Availability nights and weekends as needed for events, funding opportunities and outreach engagements
- Regular access to a reliable vehicle and ability to travel locally
This is a full-time position based in the Middle Tennessee area. The position allows for remote work; however, the candidate must be locally based to provide hands on leadership and support to our community.
- Frequent local travel within Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Rutherford and Montgomery counties
- Ongoing in-person and virtual interactions in community
- Frequent interaction with external stakeholders
- High speed internet access required to access systems
TO SUPPORT YOUR SUCCESS, YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Active, reliable professional development and onboarding support and resources from Girls on the Run HQ
- An engaged and involved board
- An immediate sense of belonging within the Girls on the Run organization through frequent interactions with Girls on the Run council EDs and others within the Girls on the Run national network
- Clear guidance, metrics and a continual feedback loop regarding goals, expectations and outcomes
- Generous paid time off
This position is offering a compensation range of $50,000-55,000 annually, depending on experience.
We ask you to provide a resume, cover letter and answers to two short answer questions provided on the application site. The application deadline is February 4, 2022.
Girls on the Run International
EducationView all jobs at Girls on the Run International