Girls on the Run Greater Charlotte - Fundraising and Development Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Development and Fundraising Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports To: Council Director
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Founded in Charlotte in 1996, Girls on the Run Greater Charlotte is one of the largest councils in a network of over 170 councils serving 200,000+ girls a year in all 50 states through the active engagement of 100,000+ volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engage all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary, or gender expansive in our programs. We are committed to leveraging our intellectual, financial, and human resources to advance strategies to be inclusive, equitable and accessible to all.
Reporting to the Council Director and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Greater Charlotte, the Development and Fundraising Manager is responsible for developing the foundation to support management of fundraising streams and community partnerships. The primary activities of this role include; individual and corporate donation management, lead for individual and corporate peer-to-peer fundraisers, grants management and writing, and event planning. They will coordinate fundraising efforts to raise contributed income that will support our program and the overall organization. This manager has the skills and drive to create systems and procedures, meet and exceed contributed revenue goals, and can work with other departments to further the organization's mission.
- Build organizational financial resources through a variety of fundraising efforts; develop new sources of income and maintain current revenue sources.
- Work alongside the Council Director in developing and executing the annual development plan and the organizational strategic plan.
- Collaborate with staff, Board of Directors, and Committees to lead major fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Develop data analytic reports for monitoring of development strategy
- Meet contributed income goals set forth by the organization.
- Manage task force and help build the framework for successful implementation and data migration into a new CRM platform.
- Oversee the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Manage community partner relationships to further organizational mission.
- Identify, manage, solicit and steward established and prospective donors, advocates, champions, and corporate sponsors.
- Generate acknowledgment letters and donation receipts for individual and corporate donors.
- Create donor messaging and execute appeals, including e-solicitations and print pieces, maintain and update mailing lists, and execute mailings.
- Lead the individual and corporate athletic peer-to-peer fundraising program.
- Record all activity within the CRM software.
- Create and maintain digital fundraising campaigns.
- Other ad hoc development duties as needed by the organization.
The ideal Development and Fundraising Manager will:
- Proudly serve as an ambassador for Girls on the Run, exhibiting Girls on the Run core values
- Enjoy engaging the community about the GOTR curriculum highlighting empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Have database development, reporting and management experience
- Be a detailed oriented and strategic thinker
- Have outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences both internal and external
- Be a strong multitasker, able to prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Hold a meaningful commitment to leveraging the opportunities of this role to implement a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion into the fundraising and development plan
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable educational/work experience
- Located within the greater Charlotte area
- 2+ years of database management experience
- 2+ years of fundraising and/or grant writing experience
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Gmail, Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven fundraising success
- Ability to manage volunteer grant writers
- Network in local philanthropy
- Significant connections to the local community
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel locally within the greater Charlotte area (mileage reimbursement applicable). Possible national travel once per year.
This is a full-time, exempt position offering a compensation range of $49,000 - $51,000 annually, depending on experience. In addition, Girls on the Run is proud to offer a generous PTO plan, a comprehensive benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, paid leave and a 401K with an employer match.
Girls on the Run International
TechnologyView all jobs at Girls on the Run International