EveryAction Database Management Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
GirlTrek is looking for a consultant with expertise in data systems and infrastructure consultant to manage and expand on our current EveryAction environment. This position will report to the Director of Data & Impact. The person in this role has the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the implementation of data-driven practices throughout the organization. You will also support and develop best practices for GirlTrek’s organizing work (health and self-care walk programming), advocacy, civic engagement, and development work. Opportunity for this to become a full-time role.
GirlTrek previously used Nationbuilder, Mailchimp, and Raiser’s Edge to manage programming, communications, and development work. In the past year, we have transitioned to a data stack that includes Salesforce, EveryAction, and Mobilize.us to power our organizing, development, and event management. The organization is growing its data team in order to increase its efficiency in supporting members across the United States and internationally.
Scope of Work
EveryAction and VAN Administration
- Expertise in the EveryAction system and managing data input, responding to help tickets, as an advanced user of our EveryAction platform for grassroots organizing/ movement-building efforts.
- Build out forms that support data collection on GirlTrek’s unique initiatives.
- Manage all users and user profiles across EveryAction committees.
- Create and track survey questions and activist codes across committees for all programs.
- Create EveryAction functionality that might support GirlTrek staff program goals such as phone banking, event turnout, volunteer management, etc.
- Create documentation that provides an overview of the processes that are established as well as the context around how infrastructure was created and why.
- Train applicable members of the GirlTrek team on EveryAction, as well as create learning resources for future team members to receive similar training from staff
- Provide ongoing support to staff as they integrate these new practices and tools into their workflows.
- Troubleshoot user issues, resolving them when possible, or escalating them when applicable.
- Support staff and volunteers in creating, managing, and tracking events, setting up follow-up mechanisms for volunteer and supporter recruitment, and data collection and data entry.
- You are the main point of contact for EveryAction.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years managing data systems in organizations focused on organizing, movement building, advocacy, political campaigns, or voter registration
- Expertise in using EveryAction/VAN as both a user and administrator
- Prioritizes making data and data work accessible to people no matter their level of
technical skill or expertise
- Has demonstrated success in providing technical skill training to adults
- Familiarity with building and implementing data systems and an interest in growing your skillset around data systems strategy is a plus
- Self-starter who is creative and flexible and understands there are multiple ways to accomplish goals
- Be proactive enough to propose improvements when identified, and ask critical questions.
- Understands best practices when it comes to data entry, privacy, and management
- Experience working in an organization undergoing rapid growth and cultural shifts
- Practices a commitment to abolition, anti-oppression, and liberation in their work
- Commitment to progressive values like economic justice, racial justice, gender justice
- Belief in the leadership and organizing power of women of color especially Black and Brown women.
GirlTrek is America’s largest health movement for Black women and girls. Far more than a walking group, GirlTrek is a life-saving sisterhood. We are a campaign to heal intergenerational trauma, fight systemic racism and transform Black lives. As women organize walking teams, they also mobilize community members to support advocacy efforts and lead a Civil Rights-inspired health movement. GirlTrek’s membership is currently at over one million and growing every day.
It started with two friends, T. Morgan Dixon and Vanessa Garrison in 2010. On November 18, 2020, GirlTrek inspired its one-millionth member to walk for better health. This game-changing movement continues to attract new members. Today, GirlTrek has 1,221,776 members.
In addition to unprecedented growth, GirlTrek is influencing millions and shaping a new culture of health. In 2020 alone, GirlTrek stories and campaigns like the #DaughtersOf Conversation Series and Black History Bootcamp: A Walking Podcast earned 271 million impressions, 9 million online engagements, and 300+ traditional media stories across 68 countries.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?