Community Program Facilitator - AmeriCorps
- Posted: over a month ago
- $1,100 Weekly
AmeriCorps Community Program Facilitator - part-time
(Oswego / Sugar Grove / Aurora / South Elgin)
What do our employees say about us? “What I love is being a part of offering girls options that they can create for themselves, even if it is a small conversation, distract them from what may be going on at home. They are excited when they see me!”
Consider joining our team, if you’re looking for a job with great benefits, such as:
- several PT positions available
- On-going Training and Development
- Medical Insurance (FT only)
- Some Remote Work
- Childcare Benefits (FT only)
- Paid Experience
- Flexible Schedules
Plus, you’ll be using your talents to invest in the next generation of strong community leaders through the Girl Scout Movement!
We’re looking for a Community Program Facilitator to join our team! This position will bring the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to girls and help.
Hours: Part Time (8-26 hours per week) with flexibility Salary: $250 -$1100 per month
We’re looking for dedicated individuals who:
- Believe in the Girl Scout Mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
- Are excited to be actively involved in giving girls the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values to become leaders in their own lives and their communities.
Interested? Responsibilities would include:
- Plan, prepare, and facilitate programming based on the GSLE in up to 1-hour long sessions at multiple locations (in person and virtually).
- Develop enhanced program activities.
- Ensures required paperwork is completed by girls, families and/or site staff to include registrations forms, outcomes surveys, facilitator’s rubric, and reporting documents.
- Cultivates and maintains strategic relationships with local schools, parent organizations and community organizations
- Organizes, coordinates informational presentations for girls and adults through the identified sits to recruit girls and adult volunteers.
Are these skills you could share with our team?
- Computer Skills and Knowledge.
- Ability to teach others simple concepts
- Experience working or volunteering with children recommended.
- Flexibility in hours and locations (daytime, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and multiple sites).
- Emotional Intelligence and empathetic qualities a plus
- Coachable and follow through
- Must have a reliable vehicle for travel to other areas within the GSNI territory on a weekly basis
- High School Diploma or working on GED
Ready to join our crew? Send a cover letter and resume to americorps @girlscoutsni.org. Please include the title of the position and location in the subject line. For more information, visit our website at www.girlscoutsni.org/careers.
Who are we? We are the Girl Scouts. Girl Scout membership is open to all members who accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois commits to doing all we can, using our collective power, to help create the change in our communities that is long overdue. We will do our part to dismantle systemic racism. We recognize that this is far from easy or fast work, but we are Girl Scouts—we believe in sisterhood, justice, and fairness—so we are in it for the long haul.
We will value you! In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois
AddressSouth Elgin, IL
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois