Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana Benton, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Both camps are traditional overnight summer camps owned and operated by the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana. Staff will split the summer between the two, Bear Creek from start date to July 11 and Pennyroyal from July 14- August 3. Pennyroyal has its own spring feed lake on the property while Bear Creek is located on Kentucky Lake. Our camps typically host programs for girls grades K-12 with up to 70 children and adult campers. `We are seeking an enthusiastic Paddling Coordinator to provide the ultimate summer camp experience for our girls by delivering daily programming in the areas of swimming, boating, camp craft, arts, and more. The Paddling Coordinator will work with the Waterfront Director to teach canoeing and kayaking skills to campers during specified times. They will help to coordinate all overnight excursions on boats. They will also work on teams of 2-3 counselors and unit leaders to oversee a unit typically comprised of 4-24 girls. The ideal candidate will be genuinely invested in the development of our campers and how we can best empower them.
- Plan, lead, and assist Waterfront Director with safe programming at the waterfront including but not limited to: canoeing, kayaking, funyaking and lifeguarding.
- Help with maintenance and daily cleaning associated with their area of the waterfront.
- While not at Paddling, plan, lead, assist, and participate in traditional summer camp programming including, but not limited to: aquatics, outdoor living skills, arts, trips, teambuilding, and archery.
- Serve as a role model to campers and staff through your actions, appearance, manners, language, and general conduct; follow and uphold all behavior and safety standards.
- Empower girls to plan overnight excursions while also providing guidance.
- Constantly supervise campers in living units, activity areas, on the lake, dining hall, and around camp to ensure physical and emotional safety needs are being met.
- Maintain a well-stocked first-aid kit, minimize risks through vigilant supervision, provide immediate aid, and report accidents and incidents promptly, and respond in emergencies.
- Ensure equipment and facilities maintenance is adhered to; report needed repairs promptly.
- Supervise housekeeping and sanitation supplies and proper use.
- Respond to and support the response of nighttime incidents presented by campers and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana
HealthcareView all jobs at Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana