Health Assistant for Resident Camp
Looking for a summer job that makes a difference, join our 2021 camp staff today! Our resident camp is a place where energetic and passionate staff come together to provide a safe and positive learning environment for girls ages 6-17. At Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana camps we have a wide variety of opportunities for you. Campers and staff alike spend the summer living outdoors, trying new activities, gaining independence, and building long-lasting relationships.
As camp’s Health Assistant you will be critical to the success of the summer. In your role you are responsible for assisting with aspects of medical care for campers and staff including following medical routines and dispensing medications, maintaining medical and first aid record keeping, and the operation of the camp health center.
Our summer season runs from end of May through mid-August, including staff training and excluding our fourth of July break.
Our resident camp staff work from 11 a.m. Sunday morning until 10 p.m. Friday evening every week.
Camp Staff Benefits:
This is a paid summer camp position which includes room and board. At camp you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. Throughout staff training and every day rigors at camp, you will experience countless opportunities to be challenged and held to higher standard. These experiences and challenges will help build your resume with health care organizational practices, day and evening youth health care experiences, and customer service and communication with staff and camper families.
Health Assistant Qualifications:
- Loves to interact with children and has prior experience working with children of various ages
- Enjoys spending time outdoors and has prior experience working in an outdoor setting
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older by June 13th
- Proof of health physical clearing the candidate for work in a camp setting
- Willingness to live and work in an indoor and outdoor camp setting, which includes working irregular hours with limited or simple equipment, rustic facilities, wildlife and insects; limited technology while at camp, and daily exposure to sun, rain, and other weather conditions
Health Assistant Responsibilities:
- Create a clean, safe, and welcoming environment for campers and staff
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends, and try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers and other staff
- Assist with preparing, monitoring, and issuing camp first aid kits, staff first aid kits, and field trip first aid kits
- Assist with maintaining health records, health screenings, and health care on site for campers and staff
- Monitor and assist in maintaining camp emergency procedures, general procedures, facilities, and conditions
- Maintain open and efficient communication with camp director, staff, and parents/guardians involving camper’s illness and injury through e-mail, phone, and/or in person based on the situation
- Assume responsibility for the physical health, safety, and mental welfare of the campers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Apply today to join our summer camp team! (Your future self will thank you!)
Powered by JazzHR
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana