Volunteer Relations Specialist
Girl Scouts San Diego San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Girl Scouts San Diego serves 23,000 girls and 12,000 adult members. Girl Scouts is the world's preeminent leadership development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
The Volunteer Relations Specialist facilitates the negotiation and resolution of volunteer conflicts and disputes by working collaboratively with the parties involved, providing direction and support, and identifying creative ways to reach a mutual resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide volunteer conflict management, dispute resolution and mediation services in accordance with the council's conflict management roadmap.
- Provide expertise to volunteers and staff to bring issues to resolutions timely
- Monitor, track and document volunteer disputes.
- Facilitate group conflict management and dialogue processes to properly resolve and or mitigate issues.
- Prepare comprehensive and timely reports, agreements, documentation and system updates.
- Work in partnership with council staff in alternative dispute resolution methods and processes.
- Assist in updating conflict management processes and dispute resolution plans, and training as needed
- Monitor and assess potential concerns to proactively plan communication to create clarity about council processes and systems or changes in programs, procedures, or services
- Develop, schedule, and implement a year-round learning program to meet the dispute relation skills and support needs of volunteers
- Facilitate the reappointment and release process for volunteers.
- Oversee Leadership Advisory Board volunteers, coordinating regular communication and placement for programs
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in social sciences, or a related field of study or related field or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in conflict management or membership engagement
- Demonstrated experience facilitating conflict management and dialogue processes among individuals and groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability to engage and communicate persuasively, professionally, respectfully and effectively in writing and orally with a diverse audience.
- Ability and commitment to work collaboratively with a diverse range of personalities and communication styles under pressure and across multiple cultures.
- Ability to develop effective, professional relationships with staff, volunteers and community organizations.
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate, and collaborate with other departments to meet mutual goals.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend hours.
- Valid drivers' license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation. Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with Salesforce (or related CRM) is a plus
- Must have belief in the mission and values of Girl Scouting; be willing to subscribe to the principles expressed in the Promise and Law, and aware of the needs of girls in our pluralistic society.
Girl Scouts San Diego
AddressSan Diego, CA
GovernmentView all jobs at Girl Scouts San Diego