Menswear Fashion Designer (on-site)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Menswear Fashion Designer
The menswear designer will help lead the product design & development in specific categories of men’s tailored division. This position will lead the direction in product development, understand seasonal trends & take the initiative to develop new assortments within their division. They will research styles, prints and trims, source materials and transfer to professional buyer look books. They will facilitate the approval process during product development stages, style review, and lab dip selections. Must be proficient with graphic design, photo shop/illustrator, passionate in men’s fashion & highly organized. As well as confident in working with internal teams, retail buyers, and presenting fresh ideas relevant to our company. The freelance designer has a proven ability to think creatively and drive innovation in the market and within our company.
Essential Job Results
• Ability to provide strong creative direction capabilities for the menswear industry.
• Identifies opportunities to improve and accelerate the development process and makes suggestions to continuously improve season after season.
• Improves technical performance and creates CADs/Tech Packs/Construction Detail Pages/Maintains BOMs and specs.
• Ability to take design concepts, sketches, or illustrations and transition them from design to manufacturing at scale through material science, fiber engineering, and material innovation.
• Identify new sourcing opportunities to drive quality, innovation, and speed to market for brands.
• We look to you to understand the competitive strategy and position of each product line to guide innovative material solutions for each product category.
• Ability to translate sales data and apply into a design range and product scope within a brand’s identity.
• Manage daily communication with overseas vendors.
• 3+ years in Apparel Design/Product Development, managing product categories from concept through completion
• Design experience in men’s tailored / athleisure / casual-wear
• In depth knowledge of textiles, sourcing, development, and garment construction/terminology.
• Excel, Word, Outlook required
• Proficient in Illustrator & Photoshop
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional time management skills
• Ability to manage a high workload and multiple projects
• Detail oriented & accountable
• Strong Team Player, Positive Disposition & Flexible Attitude.
• Self-Starter, Proactive, Creative Problem Solver
• Must be able to multitask and work in fast paced environment
• Highly organized individual
Education and Experience
• BA Degree or equivalent training/experience
Giorgio Cosani Inc
2901 Tanager AveCommerce, CA
Get fresh Menswear Fashion Designer (on-site) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.