WHAT IT TAKES:
Giombetti Associates is looking for a talented, motivated, relationship-oriented individual for an apprenticeship-type role created for someone seeking a long-term, successful career. Do you want to work in a fast-paced office with a fun environment supporting internal operations while learning behaviorally-based leadership consulting? If so, Giombetti Associates would like to talk to you!
Here is a brief description of the role:
- Shadowing the President and Relationship Manager to learn the business from the ground up, including observing interviews and debrief meetings both in the office and at off-site client meetings, attending training programs, and team building activities
- Scheduling and coordinating calendars/appointments directly with clients as you build meaningful relationships with them
- Sending Performance Dynamics® assessment links and results to clients
- Responding to client requests in a timely manner
- Creating various documents and training materials with the Performance Dynamics® assessment scores
- Assisting with report writing, developing proposals, and creating training content
- Answering incoming telephone calls and greeting guests
- Ad hoc duties and projects as needed
YOU’LL THRIVE IN THIS POSITION IF YOU ARE:
A natural people person: you enjoy making others happy and are willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our clients.
Relationship builder: you enjoy building genuine, trusting, influential relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. You feel comfortable around new people and are receptive to the emotions of others.
Organized, structured, process-driven: you are able to maintain organization through a system of processes that keep you from missing details, allow you to help the rest of the team at Giombetti Associates stay on top of things, and aid you in making sure we’re always prepared with what we need.
Positive, upbeat, and FUN: here at GA, we are all about working hard and having fun! We make it a priority to periodically close the office and enjoy one another’s company to do fun team building activities. We also care about each other’s personal lives and focus on a work-life balance. It is absolutely essential that you be someone who is fun and engaging to be around and will contribute to our exciting atmosphere.
Able to push back and speak up: having great ideas or strong intuition serves no one if you can’t speak up. Here at GA, everyone is encouraged to kindly and tactfully challenge one another to take an idea and make it great. There are a lot of Type-A personalities here so the Relationship Manager Trainee should be someone who can comfortably say what they are thinking.
Take feedback and do something with it: you are receptive and listen to constructive feedback and are willing/able to make sustainable change. We are a very supportive group here and do not shy away from giving each other developmental feedback when appropriate so that we all have the opportunity to learn and grow from it. The Relationship Manager Trainee needs to be someone who can positively accept that they have areas of development and must also be able to deliver feedback to the rest of us. No one is perfect and that’s okay!
Work independently, without being independent: independent people prefer to do their own thing, which flies in the face of teamwork. Mavericks, who hate being told what to do and like their own freedom and pace of play, would not survive in our culture. What we DO need, is someone who is comfortable working independently at times, in an office of only a handful of teammates any given day. We need someone who can get a lot done without needing to have a meeting 24/7, but loves human interaction.
These are some of the required skills for you to be successful:
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in psychology or communications, or related field (with an interest in understanding people)
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite and PC abilities
- Proven ability to deliver quality materials at the appropriate level on time and with minimal supervision once proper training has taken place
- Great communication and follow-up skills
- Strong writing/spelling/grammar skills
- Must have a solution-oriented mindset
- Able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with local and long-distance travel
These are some of the required soft skills you will need to be considered for the position:
- Intuitive, hardworking, enthusiastic team player
- Positive, upbeat, and FUN – a strong sense of humor is a must!
- Organized, structured, and detailed oriented
- Top-notch customer service for all internal staff and external client needs
- Able to push back, speak up, take feedback, and do something with it
If you want to be a part of this amazing culture, we would love to hear from you!
To learn more, visit us at https://giombettiassoc.com
Why Work Here?Giombetti Associates (GA) is a behaviorally based, leadership consulting firm specializing in people and world-class leadership. GA has helped more than 500 companies worldwide build great cultures by placing the right people in the right kinds of roles, leadership training, team building, personal coaching, and executive coaching. GA has also sustained its own success over 34 years by practicing what we preach - we work hard at helping one another, we bend over backwards for our clients, and most importantly, we have FUN doing it!
We work hard at supporting our clients, helping one another, and most importantly, we have FUN doing it!