TECHNICAL OPERATIONS ANALYST I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY: The Technical Operations Analyst is responsible for the set up and maintenance of electronic file feeds using tools to process electronic download files into the company's system. This position also provides day to day support for the Application Development team. This includes the research and resolution of all data record errors and establishing contact with data-trading partners to correct any failures. Gilsbar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local laws. This Job Description is a summary of the essential functions and tasks that will generally be expected of this position. Gilsbar reserves the right to change this Job Description without notice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL GILSBAR JOB POSITIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The ability to adhere to a work schedule and regularly attend work to meet client and Gilsbar production requirements.
- The ability to work in a high paced office, call center environment.
- The ability to work on a computer and multi-task (such as talk and type)
- The ability to interact in a professional manner with coworkers, clients and customers.
- The ability to focus on work and consistently perform tasks in compliance with Gilsbar and client policies and procedures.
- The ability to meet assigned deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS JOB POSITION include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Technical Operations Analyst I Specific Duties:
- Works with other areas on technical issues that may arise from improper enrollment or enrollment changes on EDI files
- Analyzes the mapping of claims, accumulator import/export files, and eligibility files for basic troubleshooting
- Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly audits of claims, eligibility, and accumulator data
- Perform file loads into the operations system
- Communicates status of ongoing tasks on a regular basis to end users and supervisor
- Adheres to departmental standards and procedures
- Troubleshooting operational inquiries
Technical Operations Analyst II Specific Duties:
- Includes all duties listed above as well as:
- Translates business requirements into a viable technical solution document that meets the stated objectives requested
- Analyzes, maps, and implements claim files, accumulator import/export files, and eligibility files
- Assists with monitoring performance of programs such claims check cycle, file processing, etc. after implementation
- Coordinates and analyzes all ongoing EDI testing, implementations, and upgrades
- Recommends improvements to processes and coordinates with data-trading partners to resolve issues timely
Technical Operations Analyst III Specific Duties:
- Creates ad hoc SQL queries to support Operations
- Acts as Level 1 support for the Application Development team
- Assists with daily production support including checking day-to-day processes, data replication jobs, and checking reporting servers to ensure they are running properly
- Build and maintain file automation pathways
- Creates and maintains departmental procedures
- Training and support of technical operations analysts 1 and 11
- Manages and assigns emails through the shared inbox
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be computer literate and knowledgeable in Windows and Microsoft Office environment, including Word and Outlook. Microsoft Excel and knowledge of insurance database system a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
Technical Operations Analyst I –minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Operations Analyst II – minimum 1-year experience as Technical Operations Analyst 1 or related experience and/or training.
Technical Operations Analyst III – minimum 5 years’ experience as Technical Operations Analyst I1 or related experience and/or training.
With each job title more complex responsibilities will be assigned and a higher level of understanding of the job will be expected. There is no automatic transition to the next level. Promotion to the next level is at the Supervisor’s discretion and upon the Analyst’s willingness to take on more complex responsibilities.
No certification or license required for this position.
Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: talking, typing, communicating with coworkers, clients, and customers, utilizing a computer and applicable computer programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: fast paced office, call center environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to distracting noises (such as phones ringing and others talking near you) because this is a fast paced office, call center environment. Employees must be able to focus and perform their responsibilities in this environment.
TechnologyView all jobs at Gilsbar HealthComp