Project Engineer Construction (Commercial)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Recruiters, do not contact Gilmore about job posting.***
Salary Dependent on Experience - YOU MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
AIRPORT EXPERIENCE A PLUS!
Manage and supervise at a project level all engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented.
Reports To: Project Manager, Senior Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Gilmore's contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Lead, supervise and develop all engineering staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Overall responsibility for communication of information amongst all project team members.
- Establish and maintain procedures with the design professionals, consultants, owner and subcontractors for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting, applications for payment, etc.
- Work with Preconstruction, Estimating and Purchasing in development of Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) or initial project budget. Lead the preconstruction effort as it relates to Project Engineering and the specific project needs.
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC). Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution.
- Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
- Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for managing financial status of the project including preparation of project status and accuracy of financial reports.
- Schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
- Manage the subcontract change order process including review of subcontractor estimates, negotiate change orders, obtain required owner approvals and preparation of subcontract change orders.
- Manage project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor close, final payment and records retention.
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree plus minimum of eight years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of accounting principles and cost control procedures. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various building systems. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Knowledge of PROCORE and scheduling software desirable. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Very strong oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Gilmore is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Employer pays for medical, life insurance (after 60 days)
- Dental, Vision, LTD offered to all full-time employees (after 60 days)
- 401K eligibility after 90 days of employment, first of the following quarter. 100% vested. Gilmore matches 3% contribution or 4% on employee 5% contribution
- Holiday Pay
- Discretionary Bonus
Gilmore Construction Corporation
4949 Ironton Street Denver CO 80239Denver, CO
Get fresh Construction Recruiter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.