Gillmann Services is looking for multiple maintenance mechanics to start work ASAP. Please submit a detailed resume for consideration.
Work will be 3pm - 11pm.
The Maintenance Mechanic/Technician will perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electrical, electronic, PLCs, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components of production machines & equipment. Such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling systems, automated lubrication systems, grinders, hydraulic hot forming presses and support equipment. Initiate improvements and permanent corrective actions requiring electromechanical layout and installation. Serve as a collaborative resource for the maintenance staff, managers, supervisors, and engineers. Must have a general knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical maintenance. Must be self-motivated and able to work under time constraints to meet production needs. Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Ensures uptime and reliability of manufacturing equipment, process equipment, ancillary equipment, and facilities.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems. Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area. Removes and replaces worn or defective parts. Performs repairs on motorized equipment. Clean up and remove all items as necessary.
- Support the plants 5S system. Including promoting a culture of safety.
- Ensures operation of machinery process equipment and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, electronic controls, electrical controls, PLCs, Fanuc robotic controls, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines, process valves, pumps, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems precision grind machines, acid etching and pickle process; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all production equipment, motorized equipment, facilities and grounds including parking lot repairs, roof repairs, etc.
- Provide minimum tools as listed on the tool list
- Ability to work overtime scheduled and unscheduled as needed
- Operate the waste water treatment plant in the absence of the Waste Water Treatment Operator.
- Ability to look up parts, work orders and PMs in the computer maintenance management software program (Bigfoot CMMS)
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt. (Bigfoot CMMS)
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs primarily in the CMMS system.
- Operates machines and equipment to verify repairs and proper operation.
- Other duties as assigned
Read and interpret safety, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
Knowledge of math, math equations and various measuring instruments.
Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required.
Basic computer skills
Problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
Knowledge and experience with Equipment Maintenance, Microsoft Office, General HVAC, Process Heating controls, Hydraulic systems, plumbing, pneumatic valves and pumps, diagnose/repair electronics, General repair fabrication including welding, grinding, etc., Process pumps, valves, controls., Trouble shoot control systems and PLCs, Bigfoot CMMS, sweat pipe, Electric distribution, lighting and panel wiring, and Fanuc robot and controls experience.
Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, be able to deal with Uncertainty, work with a sense of urgency, communication skills
Must provide tools listed in the required maintenance tool list.
Must be able to climb a ladder and work from heights up to 25’.
Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and work overhead for periods of time exceeding 4 hours.
Gillmann Services Inc.
Why Work Here?
Veteran owned, national firm finding skilled tradesmen quality jobs.