WE ARE GILES AUTOMOTIVE GROUP
Giles is proud to be an automotive leader in the Acadiana community. We pride ourselves in living out our mission to be a “vehicle" that improves the lives of our employees, our customers, and our community. We offer a wide selection of cars and trucks, award-winning service, beautiful state-of-the-art facilities, and excellent career choices.
WHAT IS GOING ON?
Of course, this Covid-19 situation has been difficult for families and local businesses not to mention its impact on the oil and gas industry. We have taken all of the necessary safety precautions in order to deliver a safe environment for our employees and customers. Despite the challenges, we are doing well and have a need for a few sales consultants to sell new and pre-owned Subarus. We are putting together a training class here in May and are currently offering a $1000 sign-on bonus and a 60-day paid training period.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Money of course: We know getting into sales presents a certain risk to most people. Our compensation programs maximize growth potential while eliminating most risks associated with other sales careers. For example, you are paid a salary to go through our world-class training program. Once training is over you are paid a base pay with a great bonus and commission structure. On average, our associate earns $55,000 in their first year and are earning an average of $90,000 by their 3rd year. Of course, there are guys in our organization that earn two times as much as the average but, if you are the person we are looking for we know you don't respond to cheesy "unlimited income potential" lines from the 1990s. Just like we don't train our sales staffs to use cheesy tactics from the 1990s. We also offer bonuses, awards, and bonuses for tenure and a company car with a 15 sale average. On top of that, if our commission structure doesn't perform at a desirable income we have guarantees in place to give any new applicant peace of mind. Here are the guarantees: $4,400 for 12 sales in a month, $6,200 for 15 sales, $8,000 for 18 sales,$10,000 for 21 sales, $12,300 for 26 sales, $15,000 for 31 sales.
- Yearly Christmas Bonus: As you make sales earn money towards your annual Christmas Bonus paid every December! The average payout is $1700 every Christmas
- Yearly Vacation Bonus: As you make sales earn money towards a Vacation Bonus we pay you every July! The average payout is another $1700 every summer.
- Tenure Bonuses: $400 gift of achievement after 1 year with our team. $5,000 gift of achievement once you reach 5 years with our team.
- Annual Sales Events: We end our summer by bringing our sales teams together to play Bingo for $20,000 in cash and electronics. Every December we compete for pulls from Santa's bag usually paying out over $15,000. We also give away different cash and trips to hit targets randomly throughout the year.
- Company Car: You also have the opportunity to earn a car to drive. Hit and maintain a 15 sale average per month for 90 days and we will let you drive a company car as long as you maintain your 15 sale average. (must be at least 25 years old to qualify for this perk)
- Training: We have a special 5-week workshop starting soon for candidates that have limited experience in the automotive industry. We are the only dealer group with a training & development department. We offer 4 weeks of initial & orientation classes with continued ongoing training.
- Management & Sales Support: Superior sales support from our great award-winning team of management and sales staffs.
- Benefits: Medical - Dental – Paid Vacation –401k Retirement Option with yearly company contributions
Doesn't all of this seem exciting? That's because IT IS exciting!
WHAT ARE WE SEARCHING FOR?
True love, the meaning of life, and a way to keep the YouTube audio going when you close the app? In the meantime, we are looking for someone that takes pride in their work to help the people in Acadiana make good decisions about purchasing automobiles. You don't need experience in the automotive industry but we love to see people with experience customer service, running a business, sales or anything dealing with the public. Even experience waiting tables can sometimes be enough experience to qualify for an interview.
The ideal person would be ambitious, confident, outgoing, creative, professional, able to leverage social media, able to use creative mediums such a video to create their message, business-minded, desiring meaningful work, hardworking, good at presenting ideas and professionally dressed.
The selection process for us is pretty straightforward. We judge all of our respective candidates through the lens of our core values. In fact, here are the answers to the test and we suggest you consider these carefully before you schedule an appointment:
- Holds oneself to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and sincerity
- Has a continuous drive for excellence and self-improvement
- Takes full responsibility and is dependable in/for area of influence
- A professional team-player that deeply respects others
- Possesses a strong desire to serve our community, our customers and each other
- Exudes an extraordinary attitude
WHAT DO YOU DO?
You cheerfully greet our customers, find out what they need, match them to our award-winning products, test drive the newest vehicles, present prices, ask for the business, and show people how to use their new car. Here are a few other things you will do: Make phone calls, email customers, text customers, market yourself, attend sales meetings, attend training, and schedule appointments with your clients. Consider this like going into business for yourself without any of the risks.
WHEN DO YOU DO IT?
We are open from 8:30 to 7:00 pm Monday - Thursday and 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Friday - Saturday and closed on Sundays. You are given a day off during the week and have an early night at 5:30 pm every other evening. Please apply if you have any questions.
Come work for a great company and earn a great living. If you have a great attitude and love serving people we want you to apply. We are offering a meaningful career choice that you can build and make an excellent living. Apply now to be considered and we look forward to meeting you!
Must be 21 or older and have a valid driver's license with a decent driving record.