The GCC Quality Engineer provides project-specific technical engineering support to ensure the safe and successful completion of company construction projects/programs. Works as a member of the Project Team, providing support as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on quality, layout, and engineering methods throughout the life of the project. Uses Quality Leading indicators to ensure successful execution of work operations.
Plans, develops, coordinates, directs and participates in the execution of engineering the project, while maintaining the Company's high standards of safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee growth. Works with project team members and the GCC Quality Leader to make decisions on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization by participating in discussions to resolve questions and to plan and coordinate work. Ensures a quality focus is present and prevalent across the project. Works with project teams to meet and/or exceed project safety, quality and profit goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to review, understand and communicate project plans and specifications to project team members.
- Collaborates with project team members to establish and communicate project quality goals for each work operation.
- Establishes a detailed engineered plan and generates a schedule of work for quality control technicians. Provides oversight and successful execution of work through the quality control verification process.
- Leads a team of Quality Control professionals to ensure quality leading indicators goals are met. Participates in daily quality leading indicators in the form of quality observations and associated solutions. Leads the Quality Control validation process on project work operations to ensure quality work is executed as plan and quality goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Schedules and leads Quality BAR’s for all project work operations.
- Provides supervision, layout and inspection of work operations.
- Through company-established reporting processes, timely reports and maintains a record of all quality recordable incidents that occur on the project. Schedules and leads AAR’s, including identification of root cause, prevention of future incidents, cost coding to the appropriate phase code, and communication to the workforce to share knowledge.
- Leads project team members in the proper care of assets, including material care and resource staging, vehicle and equipment care, and finished product quality. Validates on a semi-monthly basis.
- Submits and seeks approval for Department of Environmental Quality permits for a specific project.
- · Using the GCC formal mentoring process, identifies team members to develop and teach in construction operations. Monitors development through work operations, captures training hours through craft and class coding, and validates progress.
Desired Experience: 4+ years heavy construction engineering and/or surveying experience.
Desired Knowledge: Must have strong computer skills and understanding of survey field and office software. Advanced drafting skills and the ability to make revisions or additions to CAD drawings in the field required. Certified Survey Tech Level 3-2-1 required.
Intermediate level understanding of CPM scheduling and Oracle Prime Planner software.
Primary LA DOTD certifications (PCC Tech & Embankment and Base Course Tech), and minor LA DOTD certifications (Authorized Concrete Field Tester, Authorized Density Tester, Profilograph Operator and Profilograph Evaluator) required.