- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please Apply https://www.gilchristconstruction.com
Gilchrist Construction Company, LLC is excited to announce that we are now recruiting a Project Manager for our project on Interstate 10 in Iowa, Louisiana. The Project Manager acts as the business manager of a single construction project. In partnership with the Production Manager, this role assumes full responsibility for the on-time completion of the project within the final project budget and schedule while maintaining the Company's high standards of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and employee growth. With the assistance of the Production Manager, leads the initial preconstruction planning and CPM efforts prior to mobilization. Once in the field, is responsible for maintaining and updating a detailed project CPM, all major purchasing, subcontracting, and project business management while providing leadership and oversight to the project construction efforts.
- Meets project safety, quality and profit goals
- Works to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams at all levels of the project and promotes and champions the company's vision to Lead the Way in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and in line with the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. Leads the project team to identify, minimize, and eliminate risks associated with project activities
- Works with project teams to establish project safety goals; leads the effort to achieve and celebrate safety goals
- Has an excellent understanding of OSHA and company safety requirements
- Has a valid drivers' license and is approved to drive company vehicles. Possesses a basic understanding of construction methods and procedures
- Has the ability to review, understand and communicate project plans and specifications to the project team
- Ensures project is constructed and paid for according to plans and specifications
- Has a basic knowledge of estimating and can effectively price and negotiate change orders
- Has a basic understanding of, and will assist Senior Management in, accurately estimating cost to complete each month. Possesses basic knowledge of project planning, administration, reporting and forecasting
- Has a basic understanding of the following computer software: Primavera for scheduling, Viewpoint, and Pvault
- Has basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications (i.e.:Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Has the ability to make presentations to senior management and customers on project status and progress as needed. The Project Manager will be a student and a teacher
- They will seek knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available sources, including industry and professional associations
- They will continually coach and mentor the project personnel providing them with the knowledge and confidence to excel and advance in their careers. Has a basic understanding of the GCC Performance Management and Salary Administration processes, and can lead the project team in applying these processes on a daily basis
- Works toward continuous professional development through individual development planning
- Mentors, coaches and helps to develop project team members.
Prolonged driving on a regular basis. Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold).
Desired Education: 4-year degree in civil engineering, construction management discipline, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Experience: 5+ years construction experience, 2+ years in a project leadership role, and demonstrated leadership skills.
Desired Knowledge: Must possess a valid drivers' license and be approved to drive company vehicles. Basic knowledge of estimating. Must have a basic knowledge of, or is in the process of training on the following computer software programs: Primavera for scheduling, Viewpoint, HCSS Heavy Job, and Pvault. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications (i.e.: Excel, Word, and Outlook) is required.
*ACT WorkKeys NCRC Employer Advocate
*We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Gilchrist Construction Company, LLC
Get fresh Construction Recruiter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.