Performs as an HR consultative partner, providing support to GCC teams with responsibilities in some or all of the following HR functional areas: recruiting and onboarding, education, labor relations, affirmative action, compensation, benefits, salary administration, and policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for the administration and communication of the organization’s policies and procedures.
1. Provides and maintains strong HR consultative/support services to field and support teams.
2. Facilitates training and employee education using the established guidelines.
3. Handles employee relations issues and related duties.
4. Schedules and conducts retention meetings with new employees on a per project, per crew basis.
5. Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
6. May perform benefits administration to include annual open enrollment and communicating benefit information to employees.
7. Assists in the development and maintenance of affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs in compliance with government regulations.
8. Conducts recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt workforce and students/interns; facilities and supports project teams with new-employee orientation; writes and places advertisements; schedules and participates in Job Fairs.
9. Participates in team meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as required.
10. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
11. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
12. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
13. Maintains fiscal responsibility for business expenses associated with company-issued credit card.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Must have experience in proactively providing guidance and feedback to managers and employees.
2. HR certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred.
3. Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resource administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing employment practices.
5. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data.
6. Working knowledge of MS Office Applications.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. 3+ years of professional-level Human Resources experience.
3. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.