- Maintains a CDL license with the following endorsements: Hazmat, Tanker.
- Safely operate commercial vehicles.
- Provide fuel, preventative maintenance, and minor repair to construction and transportation equipment.
- Displays intermediate knowledge of equipment and is able to safely operate and test equipment to evaluate condition and ensure proper operating functionality.
- Displays intermediate knowledge of engine, drive train, electrical, and hydraulic systems for construction and transportation equipment.
- Utilizes installation manuals and vehicle/equipment parts for preventative maintenance and replacement of parts.
- Identifies and utilizes proper tools and safety equipment and maintains the excellent condition of all assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintains safe, clean work area and any assigned company vehicles.
- Maintains open communication with field personnel and employees at job sites regarding daily inspection and lube process.
- Completes and submits required paperwork in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. regularly and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
HS Diploma or Equivalent.
Must possess and maintain a Commercial Driver's License (Class A) with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements.
1+ years maintenance and repair technician experience preferred
*ACT WorkKeys NCRC Employer Advocate
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Gilchrist Construction Company, LLC
Why Work Here?Gilchrist Construction Company is a central Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor, offering a complete civil solution. Our team capabilities include piling, bridge structures, asphalt production and paving, concrete production and paving, as well as all types of earthwork, drainage, and base that a project may require. In addition to roads and bridges, we also perform site preparation, heavy foundations, and industrial work. GCC self-performs the majority of our projects.
We take great pride in our focus on Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency. So much that it's our Vision Statement!