The GCC Crane Operator WS1 safely operates a lift unit to lift, move, and position loads such as machinery, equipment, and construction materials
- Performs a variety of tasks including the positioning of piling, girders, box culverts, and concrete pouring with buckets
- Safety uses hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket
- Inspects and maintains crane against any defects or malfunctions
- Inspects the work site prior to engaging in work activities. Meets and/or exceeds project safety, quality, efficiency, and profit goals for work activities
- Works with field manager/team lead to ensure GCC has strong crew/teams and promotes and champions the company's vision to be the Leader in Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency
- Leads by example, always professional and aligned to the company's values of Fair and Ethical Success. Has a basic knowledge and understanding of load charts, machine set up requirements, and rigging requirements
- Has a basic understanding of safe lifting practices, based upon material weight, weather conditions, and crane capacity
- Must hold and maintain a valid approved operator certification (NCCCO) with LBC (lattice boom crawler) Designation. RT (rough terrain) also preferred
- Is willing to move from project to project on an as-needed basis. The GCC Crane Operator WS1 will be a student and a teacher
- Seeks knowledge, with a culture of continual learning, though all available resources, including industry and professional associations
- Serves as a mentor and a coach to other team members. Safely works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgement is required
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
Work Environment: Outdoor
Stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 lbs.; climb up and down, carrying tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see (naturally or with correction). Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold). See attached Physical Requirements Inventory.
Desired Education: HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
Desired Experience: 6+ months. National Crane Certification required. LBC Designation required. RT (rough terrain) preferred,
Desired Knowledge: Basic reading, writing, addition and subtraction skills.
*ACT WorkKeys NCRC Employer Advocate
*We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Gilchrist Construction Company, LLC
Why Work Here?Gilchrist Construction Company is a central Louisiana-based infrastructure contractor, offering a complete civil solution. Our team capabilities include piling, bridge structures, asphalt production and paving, concrete production and paving, as well as all types of earthwork, drainage, and base that a project may require. In addition to roads and bridges, we also perform site preparation, heavy foundations, and industrial work. GCC self-performs the majority of our projects.
We take great pride in our focus on Safety, Quality, Innovation, and Efficiency. So much that it's our Vision Statement!