Gilbarco Veeder-Root⛽️ Greensboro, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
I. Purpose of Position
Lead the day to day operations for the North American (NA) Operations function in the capacity of area administrator (production supervisor). This individual will directly supervise approximately 25 – 40 union hourly associates (governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)). This position will be based out of Gilbarco Veeder-Root’s (the “Company”) corporate headquarters in Greensboro, NC.
II. Key Responsibilities
• Monitor day-to-day budget expense spending for achievement of business results
• Manage production operations & communicate staffing needs to achieve schedule commitments and assure delivery dates and customer demands are met
• Lead cultural change that impacts safety, employee engagement and drives results in productivity for our unionized hourly associates
• Designate personnel assignments to optimize resource utilization
• Provides leadership and direction for production area, including direct and indirect reports
• Interface accordingly with all appropriate departments and individuals to ensure open communications for resolution of operational needs
• Oversee & actively participate in the use of “lean manufacturing tools” to support continuous improvement throughout Kaizen efforts
• Ensure quality products are produced by improving manufacturing processes through training & education
• Initiate corrective actions to assure continuous quality improvements when needed
• Ensure area maintains ISO “ready” compliance for all operations, methods, tooling, processes, work instructions, test equipment and training
• Utilize appropriate tracking & measurement systems designated by the company
• Perform administrative functions such as vacation scheduling, associate time & attendance, employee performance tracking, KPI chart maintenance and applicable countermeasure action
• Manage employee issues relevant to counseling & conflict resolution per the union contract and associated policies
• Coach & encourage continuous improvement for all operational aspects to achieve optimum performance
• Ensure a safe & clean work environment through use of the Danaher Business Systems (DBS) tools; Conduct regular safety & housekeeping audits and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken including follow-up investigations for all safety incidents
• Ensure compliance for all Hazcom & OSHA regulations including necessary training
Individuals in this position will have ongoing interaction and communications with the following:
• Operations Leadership
• Assembly, Maintenance, and Material Handling associates
• Material Planners
IV. Measures of Performance
This position will be measured by the ability to meet all Focus Factory Targets to Improve and Key Performance Indicators as defined by the Plant’s Policy Deployment. Including but not limited to: Safety, on time delivery, past due dollars, internal quality defect rate, productivity, and customer complaints.
Who You Are:
You are an outstanding communicator with an ability to drive and execute on business objectives. You are an excellent leader who challenges and enables your team to reach their full potential. You are committed to ensuring a positive employee experience for your team through improved engagement and effective team building efforts. You thrive in fast paced environments and maintain a continuous improvement mindset.
- Associates’ degree (required) Bachelors’ degree preferred, concentrations include: Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Supply Chain
- Must have at least three (3) years’ of relevant and progressive operations experience including manufacturing operations.
- Must have at least at least three (3) years’ of supervising hourly associates in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and presentation/facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work 2nd Shift
Future cities are smarter cities, and they need infrastructure and tools for advanced mobility, reliability, safety, efficiency, and quality of life. Vontier is ready to build that future.
We are a global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our portfolio is built on market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. United by a vibrant, inclusive culture and our proven business system, our 8,000+ team members are mobilizing the future to create a better world.
Ready to advance pioneering solutions for intelligent diagnostics, electric vehicles, and smart cities? Move your career forward at Vontier.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control, and environmental integrity for retail fueling and adjacent markets. In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand, with distinctive and complementary business lines, services, and sales capabilities.
Gilbarco is a leading global supplier of fuel dispensing equipment, fully integrated point of sale systems for the global petroleum marketplace with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Australia.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Vontier Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Vontier Company. Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-833-399-0822 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
Regional offices are located throughout the US and Canada, and in the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, India, Brazil and Argentina.
The company's manufacturing and development facilities are located in Greensboro, and in Simsbury, Connecticut, Altoona, Pennsylvania, Lakewood, Colorado, Tipp City, Ohio and Davenport, Iowa. International manufacturing and development locations include the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, India, China and Brazil.
Gilbarco Inc., doing business as Gilbarco Veeder-Root, is a supplier of fuel dispensers, point of sales systems, payment systems, forecourt merchandising and support services. The company operates as a subsidiary of Vontier and its headquarters are in Greensboro, North Carolina, United States. It employs approximately 4,000 people worldwide, with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim, Australia, the Middle East and Africa. Regional offices are located throughout the US and Canada, and in the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Germany, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, India, Brazil and Argentina. The company's manufacturing and development facilities are located in Greensboro, and in Simsbury, Connecticut, Altoona, Pennsylvania, Lakewood, Colorado, Tipp City, Ohio and Davenport, Iowa. International manufacturing and development locations include the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, India, China and Brazil.
7300 W. Friendly Ave. Greensboro NC 27410Greensboro, NC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Gilbarco Veeder-Root⛽️