- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining Gila River Telecommunications Inc.’s (GRTI) voice, data and security infrastructure. This team member works closely with the Network Engineering Manager to develop long and short-range technology plans that meet business objectives and support telecommunications industry best practices. The Network Engineer securely implements, monitors, troubleshoots and maintains the company’s networks to ensure high availability, scalability and optimal performance while providing professional, courteous and timely technical support
· Support long and short-range technology planning; aid in design and construction of GRTI and its subsidiary’s networks.
· Research and recommend technical products and services that promote GRTI as an attractive and competitive service provider for residential, business and governmental customers.
· Provide input for capital budgets, operating expense budgets, and work plans.
· Plan, coordinate and implement capital projects as assigned by the Network Engineering Manager.
· Evaluate new technologies to support company growth and expansion by documenting design requirements, costs, network impact and business drivers.
· Monitor network performance to ensure optimization, availability and reliability in addition to tracking system resource utilization and trending in support of capacity planning.
· Coordinate activity with equipment manufacturers, contractors, suppliers, vendors and other partners.
· Configure, install and operate various network devices and services including routers, switches, firewalls and network software systems.
· Install, test, troubleshoot and repair voice and data circuits to meet customer requirements.
· Communicate with residential and business subscribers, as well as the Community (tribal government) regarding equipment installations and maintenance events.
· Plan and perform network maintenance and system upgrades during maintenance windows while
working within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes to network hardware, software and operating systems.
· Provide tier 2 and 3 technical support to internal, as well as external customers.
· Manage IPv4 and IPv6 address space.
· Escalate network hardware and software issues to vendor technical support groups to promote quick and efficient trouble resolution.
· Create and maintain comprehensive network diagrams and documentation.
· Create, support and adhere to security policies and frameworks such as NIST, SOC and COBIT.
· Select and implement security tools and policies that support industry best practices.
· Assist Sales Engineers in designing carrier-grade WAN solutions for wholesale, carrier and business customers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Knowledge of the IP telecommunications industry, plant operations, technology, network and customer premise equipment.
· Knowledge and thorough understanding of the design and operation of a telephone system, digital central office switching, fiber optic facilities, subscriber carrier, subscriber plant and special circuit design.
· Experienced in configuring firewalls made by vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, SonicWALL and Meraki.
· Familiarity with L2 transport delivery utilizing equipment vendors including Calix, Adtran, Accedian, Cisco and Juniper.
· Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, MPLS and VPN.
· Skilled in configuring VoIP services in a controlled environment utilizing best practice QoS settings.
· Experienced in designing and configuring DWDM and CWDM wave services.
· Familiar with long-haul fiber route verification and procurement.
· Strong understanding of mobile back-haul network deployment strategies.
· Experienced in deployment and support of SDWAN technologies such as Cisco Viptela, Juniper Contrail, Meraki, Cradlepoint and VMware VeloCloud.
· Proficient in varying physical and virtual environments, including Microsoft, Linux and macOS.
· Strong understanding of cloud-hosted networking environments including Azure, AWS, Oracle and IBM.
· Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
· Ability to independently organize work to ensure timely completion of projects and maximize productivity.
· Use good judgment and reasoning skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
· Adhere to internal corporate policies and procedures.
· Work and contribute successfully to a culturally diverse work environment.
· Consistently demonstrate a high degree of integrity, honesty and accuracy.
· Knowledge of, or ability to learn, applicable Federal, Tribal and State laws and codes, and industry practices, relative to the safe operation of all activities involved in network operations.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or related technical field is preferred. High School Diploma (GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) is required.
· Additional certifications are a plus, such as Security +, CISSP, Network +, CCNP/NA Routing & Switching/Data Center/Security, CCIE Routing & Switching/Service Provider are highly desired.
Gila River TelecommunicationsWhy Work Here?
Awesome employer paid Healthcare Plan, great culture, and awesome management