Provides education and counseling to employees identified as appropriate for any of the Health Risk and Condition Management (HRCM) programs offered by GRHC. Works with employees one-on-one or in small groups to assist with health and wellness goals related to weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance, and general health.
- Leads a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach directed toward prevention, education, and health promotion.
- Designs program that is aligned with organizational direction and implements tactics.
- Provides disease specific self-care education to client employee enrolled in the various Wellness Programs
- Assesses client employee's educational/clinical needs, prioritizing and individualizing program based on elicited information.
- Establishes supportive relationship with client employee. Acts as resource for client employee and serves as patient advocate.
- Documents sessions and progress into the electronic medical record.
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed lndependent Practitioner and other nurses to arrange for further medical treatment as needed.
- Consults with other members of the healthcare team to solve problems and seek advice. Designs interventions to improve outcomes.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in outreach/follow-up phone calls and follow-up patient visits.
- Leads in the development of criteria to measure outcomes. Leads in the analysis of data for quality improvement, including interpreting study results, identifying limitations and barriers, and recommending alternatives.
- Develops and presents educational services for associated persons or departments as appropriate.
- Acts as facilitator of Care Team meetings. Represents the health center in meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs.
- May assist in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program, BSN required. Master's degree preferred.
- Arizona RN License required.
- Either certified in an ICF-accredited coaching program or ability to complete Wellcoaches certification by the end of the first year of employment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse caring for patients with any of the following conditions: Type 2 diabetes, asthma, heart disease, heart failure, or hypertension.
- Current certification AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers, Experience working as a wellness coach.
- Experience in Disease Management, Certificate in Case Management, Certified Diabetes Educator (COE), preferred.
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking required.
- Experience in leading employee health wellness programs preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Record, preferred.
Posting Title: Manager Employee Wellness
Department: Admin - CNO
Job ID: 2019-6117
Street: 483 West Seed Farm Road
Email Address: swheeler@GRHC.ORG