Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing internal and external support for all customer relationship management requirements. This may include order processing, material procurement, coordination of production scheduling, sourcing of special packaging or solutions, coordination of logistics including product shipping, customs clearance and delivery. This position requires direct interface with customers, suppliers and internal support organizations to ensure timely and accurate deliveries. A high level of responsiveness and service is required for all order processing duties, responsibilities and other assignments.
LOCATION: This position will be based on site at our US headquarters facility located in Dulles, Virginia
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Order Processing and Customer Support:
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with customers on artwork design, approval process and coordinate preproduction meetings to understand customer requirements.
- Manage the processing of customer orders to include order confirmation and compliance verification for technical feasibility, product/material availability, schedules, export regulations, security, commercial clauses and other relevant areas.
- Establish production and delivery schedules through direct communication with scheduling, other G+D manufacturing facilities, material suppliers and third party vendors including brokers, freight companies and internal shipping department to ensure accurate and on time delivery.
- Assist in the purchase of materials for the Cards group from domestic and international vendors. This includes production materials, outside services, etc. Verification of material receipt and approval of incoming invoices including freight charges as needed.
- Assist Product Management in chip procurement by working closely with purchasing
- Support customers with inventory management by providing weekly or monthly inventory reports/order status reports as necessary
- At times assist with submission and acceptance of orders to track orders and production efforts with other G+D production sites from initiation to delivery, including any claim handling.
- Support to Finance for preparation of monthly invoicing, monthly forecast, and budgets.
- Assist sales in developing quotations. Verify pricing on customer PO's to match quotations and/or contracts.
- Support other divisions when necessary.
- Interface with Engineering, IT, Operations, Quality and Project Management to ensure customer's requests are managed in a timely fashion and in accordance to their specifications
- Provide first level direct customer support to customers via phone, email and/or in person, to resolve issues regarding scheduling, delivery, change orders, artwork, packaging, and/or quality related claims.
- Maintain regular communication with the customer throughout the entire process from receipt of an order, production, delivery, invoicing and claim handling as necessary.
- Manage order delivery status and scheduling updates.
- Oversee artwork design changes and approval processes for cards through coordination with the customer and production facilities to successfully proof and produce finished card printing designs.
- Provide support and backup to Customer Services Group.
- Production planning and tracking including coordination of efforts both internally and with the various G+D production sites. Thorough tracking of all order steps are recorded via excel from customer purchase order to production order until delivery, including any claim handling.
- Coordinating with the manufacturing groups to deliver on time while maintaining delivery expectations and schedules between customers and production.
- Work in conjunction with the Sales Planner in the preparation of material and production forecasts to align with sales forecasts.
Packaging and Logistics Support:
- Oversee packaging, labeling and logistics requirements for all product deliveries in accordance to customer requirements. Work directly with customer, CSM team members and Project Manager to develop packaging and logistics plans.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate vendor either internally or externally to meet scope of work for special packaging requirements. This includes meeting customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) of packaging needs and delivery dates.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be changed or assigned at any time with or without notice
Required Education and Experience :
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years Customer Service related work experience working directly with internal and external customers in a support capacity
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organization, planning, and multi-tasking skills with extremely high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- General understanding of ERP system functionality with respect to order processing, inventory management, status monitoring and receiving is beneficial.
- Experience with order processing, planning /expediting and scheduling in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in SAP preferred.
$$ Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. endeavors to make www.gi-de.com/en/careers/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at (703)480-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
$$ $$ $$ $$ $$ https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=gieseckede&career_job_req_id=23317&career_ns=job_application
Giesecke & DevrientSterling, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.