Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking an experienced Superintendents.
Main office is located in Winter Garden, FL, and project worksites are currently located throughout Central Florida (Orlando, Melbourne, Tampa markets).
Job Title: Superintendent
Reports Directly To: Project Manager or Immediate Supervisor
Job Description: Oversee all work performed on the jobsite, manage one or more work crews, and subcontractors.
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Read plans and specifications
• Coordinate with field inspectors and owners’ representatives
• Keep all timesheets for employees on project
• Code invoices and route to appropriate department
• Rent and purchase small equipment using PO procedures
• Interview, hire, and dismiss employees according to company procedures
• Set up jobsite
• Coordinate delivery and moves of equipment
• Construction surveying – layout and elevations
• Quality control
• Conduct weekly safety meetings and manages on-site safety program requirements
• Heavy lifting and shoveling up to 60 lbs.
• Ability to work in extreme heat conditions
• Must be able to mount and dismount off of vehicles and/or equipment
• Climb vertical ladders
• Wear hard hat and work in dusty conditions
• General labor work/clean up
• Keep work area organized and safe
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer’s purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times. Requires previous experience minimum of 3 years.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions. Applications may be completed on our website www.gibbsreg.com, and emailed to our HR department or faxed to 407-877-1663.