Project Manager - Civil Sitework (1 position available)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking an experienced Project Manager (1 position available).
Main office is located in Winter Garden, FL, and project worksites are currently located throughout Central Florida, Orange, Seminole, Lake, and Brevard.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports Directly To: Vice President or President
Job Description: A Project Manager plans and executes construction projects under his/her direction, utilizing the safe, productive and financially rewarding strategies, while meeting or exceeding client expectations. He/She will be responsible for more than one active project at a time and may have Assistant Project Managers reporting to him/her.
A Project Manager must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Review and understand proposals, estimates, contracts and scopes of work.
- Communicate contract revisions to clients and implement revisions when a mutually beneficial agreement has been reached.
- Collaborate with project superintendent(s) and general superintendent in the development of project work plans and necessary resources (personnel and equipment).
- Approve project work plans and monitor its deployment by superintendents and field crews.
- Effectively communicate with clients on pay requests and timely process pay applications and/or change orders.
- Approve all changes in the work or schedule which materially affect the financial or production requirements of your projects.
- Routinely track and accurately report percent of work completed, billings, production rates and forecast to complete.
- Provide leadership and maintain a professional working relationship with G&R staff and client representatives.
- Manage multiple projects and/or manage large projects (greater than $5M).
- Assist Estimating Department in the preparation of conceptual estimates, presentations, and proposals to prospective clients.
- On design-build projects or portions of projects that include design by G&R, review engineer’s design, provide input and monitor progress, with particular attention to scope & cost changes.
- Prepare detailed estimates, budgets, progress schedules and purchase orders/subcontracts, along with periodic updating.
- Prepare requests for quotes, receive bids, and award purchase orders & subcontractors for all items of work.
- Plan and schedule the work, including preparing and updating of CMP schedule and/or short-term schedules.
- Coordinate with local authorities pertaining to permitting, inspection, approval of project.
- Prepare monthly progress reports for distribution to Executive Management.
- Identify project resource requirements and communicate with management.
- Control costs and accurately complete monthly forecast projections for projects assigned.
- Maintain and organize the shop drawing process, including ordering, receiving and expediting shop drawings from vendors and subcontractors. Review, transmit and expedite shop drawings to the appropriate engineer or owner representative. Distribute shop drawings to project team.
- Approve vendor/subcontractor requisitions for payment.
- Participate in completing and performing annual employee evaluations.
- Review and approve daily timesheets from the crews assigned to your projects.
- Perform cost estimating for new projects and change order estimates for assigned projects.
- Identify and manage project claims efficiently, including utility damage, private property claims, etc. Work with Risk Management to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Identify and correct safety infractions. Work with Safety Director to help improve company safety.
- Perform a variety of management duties which may change periodically.
- Proficient with Windows computers and various software, including scheduling, spreadsheets, word processor, email, and project management software.
- Physically: Must be able to hear and see well (either naturally or with correction); communicate well; sit or stand for long periods of time; climb ladders; and enter/exit trenches.
- Be able to commute to/from projects throughout Florida.
- Educational and experience requirements include Four-year construction management or civil engineering degree or equivalent, plus five years or more experience/knowledge of construction, engineering, and management.
Employees operating a company vehicle for Gibbs & Register’s purpose will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions. Applications may be completed on our website www.gibbsandregister.com and emailed to our HR department
Gibbs & Register, Inc.Why Work Here?
Come join a company that believes in teamwork and the building of a better future for you, your family, and our community.
At Gibbs & Register, our culture is built to last. Our people are our cornerstone—we truly couldn’t ask for a better group of innovators or collaborators. Everything comes together to lay the foundation for a company culture that we’re proud of.
232 S. Dillard St.Winter Garden, FL