Mobile Mechanic (Heavy Equipment) - Class C or B License
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Operate mechanic truck in safe and efficient manner while traveling to various worksites performing diagnostics, maintenance, and repairs on large and small equipment. This position will also require the individual to assist with shop maintenance and cleanup.
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Possess a valid class C operator license and be willing to and able to get a HAZMAT endorsement, if required.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds loading and unloading of trucks and working with equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme heat conditions, and dusty conditions.
- Must be able to mount and dismount off of vehicles and/or equipment
- Fabricate and weld basic fixtures and non-production projects. Certification not required.
- Maintain a good driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier.
- Pick up and deliver materials needed on the job or at the shop.
- Knowledge on all types of heavy construction equipment, which include loaders, excavators, skid steers, brooms, rollers, and graders.
- Must be able to troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment, and complete minor repairs in the field.
- Be capable of operating heavy equipment sufficient for the purpose of accomplishing preventive maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance on various pieces of heavy equipment. Also the mechanic will be willing to learn new pieces of equipment as they are added to the fleet, either at the shop or in the field.
- In performance of the above, the mechanic must be able to climb up, down, on and under machinery to accomplish the above tasks.
- Must be able to climb ladders for the purpose of storing and getting down light items from overhead storage.
- Arrive on time and ready to work daily per the shop schedule.
- Assist equipment manager, as needed.
- Capable of operating a fork lift in a safe manner appropriate for shop use.
- Wear appropriate safety attire and equipment as the job requirements dictate. Keep work area organized and safe.
- Attend and participate in weekly safety meeting.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Must have own basic mechanic tools.
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer’s purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description for the positions I have been offered. I am able to perform the tasks listed above.
Gibbs & Register, Inc.Why Work Here?
Come join a company that believes in teamwork and the building of a better future for you, your family, and our community.
At Gibbs & Register, our culture is built to last. Our people are our cornerstone—we truly couldn’t ask for a better group of innovators or collaborators. Everything comes together to lay the foundation for a company culture that we’re proud of.
3208 Overland Rd.Apopka, FL