Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking experienced Excavator Operators (1 Position).
Will be working in Orlando, FL markets.
Job Title: Excavator Operator
Reports Directly To: Foreman or Immediate Supervisor
Job Description: Operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- 3 – 5 Years of Experience required
- Ensure no one is in swing path or behind moving equipment
- Know limitations of equipment assigned and how to operate each piece in a safe and efficient manner
- Day to day maintenance of equipment
- Heavy lifting and shoveling up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme heat conditions
- Must be able to mount and dismount off of vehicles and/or equipment
- Attend weekly safety meetings
- Climb vertical ladders
- Withstand rough and bumping equipment
- Wear hard hat and work in dusty conditions
- General labor work/clean up
- Keep work area organized and safe
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer’s purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times. Requires previous experience minimum of 3 years. Job requires frequent lifting of 25 - 100 lbs., stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and kneeling.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions.
Applications may be completed on our website gibbsreg.com