Requisition ID: 114606BR
Our Common Purpose: Together, we improve people's everyday lives and well-being.
Position Title: Store Leader in Training (FT) South Indianapolis
Street Address: 101 Kappa Drive
About Us: Giant Eagle and Ricker Oil Company recently joined together as one company, making the GetGo and Rickers store experiences even better for our Team Members and customers.
Founded in 1979, Rickers provides high quality fuels, great customer service, and clean convenience stores throughout Indiana with over 50 locations. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is a multi-format food, pharmacy and fuel retailers with over 410 locations in 5 states. Giant Eagle, Market District supermarkets, and GetGo cafe plus market are the 3 main banners. Like Rickers, Giant Eagle has been a proud family-owned and values-driven Company since 1931, when our Founders created Giant Eagle 90 years ago.
GetGo is a fresh food, convenience and high-quality fuel destination. GetGo offers a friendly, engaging place where customers can enjoy made-fresh-to-order subs, sandwiches, burgers, salads and more.
As a member of our GetGo team, you'll be part of a collaborative crew who provides efficient, accurate, and pleasant service and shopping assistance. From the morning rush to the afternoon lunch crowds, you will ensure that each person waiting for a delicious meal, picking up their first cup of coffee or filling up at our fuel pumps, is met with the great service they deserve.
We would love to have you join our team!
- Overall management of the day-to-day store operations at their assigned location
- Regularly direct the work of their subordinates providing guidance to ensure that all operational goals/initiatives are met.
- Oversee the Food Service Leaders in stores with Food Service to ensure that they meet all of the overall functions of being a profitable food service business
- Provide superior and quality customer service through consistent interaction. Serve as a role model to store personnel.
- Assist customers and responds to customer's complaints or inquiries
- The Store Leader is responsible for accurately completing daily reports and reviewing daily close reports.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of inventory values in regards to shrink
- Set and adjust employee pay records, and hours worked
- Responsible for daily bank deposits, ordering and picking up change orders and ATM funds, loading safe, ATM, etc.
- Determine what is needed for merchandise, supplies, equipment, food service, and places weekly orders.
- Scan in orders/vendors and build relationships with the vendors at their assigned location
- Hire, train, coach and discipline all store personnel including the completion of documentation
- Plan, prepare, and post store personnel work schedules. Responsible for daily timecard edits and verify the accuracy of hours worked and entering vacation hours for store personnel.
- Supervision of all employees, Associate Store Leaders, Food Service Store Leaders, and shifts, by assigning and verifying completion of job duties.
- Facilitate coverage of shifts when employees call in or don't show up
- Ensure compliance of store personnel with policies and procedures, including established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices
- Responsible for merchandising the store according to company guidelines
- Timely execution of marketing promotions and price changes
- Execute company standards for mystery shop programs
- Manage their assigned stores labor budgets and adjust employees pay/time and the hours worked
- Maintain fuel pricing compliance standards to ensure competitive street pricing. Duties include changing fuel price sign and the registers.
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
Shift: ** Retail Shifts **
Department Name: Fuel and Convenience
Reports To: Store Leader, GetGo
Store Number: KGG5
Position Summary: The Store Leader is responsible for the day to day store operation of their assigned, as well as the employees. Duties include of the enterprise Including: interviewing, selecting, and training employees; setting and adjusting employee pay and hours of work; directing the work of employees; appraising employee productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status; disciplining employees; planning the work; determining the type of materials, supplies to be used / ordered for their retail and food locations.
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- 6 months to 1 year
- Adding Machine
- Fountain Machines
- Floor Blower
- Fuel Pumps
- Ice Coffee Machine
- Ice Machine
- Bag in box machine
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Cap Machine
- Smoothie Machine
- Stand-up Lotto Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Car Wash Equipment
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Fax Machine
Education and Training Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- At least 21 years of age
Business Format: GetGo Ricker's
Career Site Posting Option:: GetGo