Seeking a highly motivated and EXPERIENCED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN with a proven track record to assist with all daily activities required within the pharmacy. Our team is compiled of individuals with the ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment while building relationships within the community. Must have current, valid registration in the state of New JERSEY. At Giannoto’s Pharmacy we encourage idea exchange and value the abilty to take ownership of a task. If you’re an individual with good interpersonal skills, capable of working with a team this may be the position for you.
• Provide customers with courteous, friendly, fast and efficient service
• Ability to process prescription from start to finish
• Register new patients into pharmacy systems with appropriate demographics & insurances
• Be able to Read , interpret & Type in new, refill, facility prescription orders ( with proper directions)
• Capability to understand and work with different pharmacy software for processing prescriptions with proficiency.
• Priortize all incoming rxs from all forms of intake (I.e fax, phone, paper, and ERX)
• Adhere to all state and federal pharmacy regulations including HIPAA
• Comply with and perform best practices as outlined
• Inventory Purchasing and Management
• Prior- Authorization processing
• Facilitate scheduling for prescription delivery to patient or provider’s office
• Assist in prescription order requests from providers and clarification on prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
• Fill and package prescription orders for retail, blister pack, and dispill packaging
• Communicate with the right channels to get a prescription approved (I.e pharmacist, doctors office, and insurances)
• Work efficiently both individually and within a team to accomplish required tasks
• Specialized knowledge of drug names, dosages, generic equivalents, and SIG codes
• Good standing knowledge of the laws as they pertain to the pharmacy
• Expert at data entry, billing, and working with insurances.
• Attention to detail
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Technologically adept at working with difference pharmacy software
• Experienced in Micromerchant/PrimeRx is a plus
• Able to work independently as well as in a diverse team environemtn
• Excellent professional communication skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum two years of Pharmacy Technician or relative work experience
• RPhT Pharmacy Technician License
•National (CPhT) Pharmacy Technician Certification is a plus
• Previous data entry experience at least 2 years
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Job Type: Full-time