Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Fort Belvoir, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Degree/Education: Completion of a 2-year course of study leading to an Associate’s Degree from a respiratory therapist education program supported or accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Certifications: Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Must maintain BLS, NRP, ACLS and PALS certifications.
- Experience: At least 1 year of specialized experience as a certified respiratory therapist and registry eligible.
- Board Certification: Board Certified as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Current Cardiopulmonary.
- Licensure/Registration: Current license in any state as a Respiratory
- Set up and monitor a variety of complex respiratory equipment.
- Assess the cardiopulmonary condition of assigned patients using data acquired through physical examination and respiratory monitoring and diagnostic equipment.
- Draw arterial, venous and mixed venous blood samples. Perform airway and tube care on intensive care patients. On the basis of patient assessment and analysis of blood gas data, independently make adjustment to ventilator settings. Determine the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered.
- Monitor and interpret values such as pulmonary artery pressure, pulmonary capillary wedge pressure, mixed venous oxygen content, and cardiac output for the purpose of reporting patient status and making a recommendation to physicians regarding treatment.
- During emergency situations be part of the crash team. Will be able to independently insert artificial airway into patient's trachea to provide controlled breathing.
- Provide in service training to other respiratory therapists and nursing personnel.
- Calibrate complex respiratory equipment. Identify and correct mechanical malfunction of equipment used in the respiratory therapy service.
- Oversee and direct Respiratory Aid and Technician as required maintaining continuum of care to patient.
- Maintain accurate clinical records and receiving request for consultations and laboratory work of specific patients. The Respiratory Therapist shall complete medical charting within 72 hours of patient visit IAW with JC guidelines.
OTHER TASK AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensure compliance with standard of care and practice IAW all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment MTF and IAW JC guidelines. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Complete orientation and competency verification programs IAW unit guidelines.
- When assigned, will serve and participate in committees, functions and other meetings. Provide relevant and timely information, and assists with decision-making and process improvement.
- Will report to the Director of Respiratory Services.
- Also may serve as preceptor for Respiratory Therapy preceptorship programs.
- As required, participate in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
HealthcareView all jobs at Giacare Inc
Get fresh Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.