Chief of Staff
- Posted: over a month ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ghost is the marketplace that connects leading retail brands with surplus to distribution partners. Ghost combines real-time data with intelligent solutions to help brands distribute their surplus inventory across online and brick & mortar channels. By providing transparency, accuracy, and scalability, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for retailers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle.
We are looking for an analytical and strategically-minded candidate with a strong operational background and biz ops experience to serve as our Chief of Staff. The ideal candidate has prior experience in business operations and a proven track record in project management, strategic planning and leading and executing important special projects across several functions.
As the Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for balancing short-term projects with long-term strategic planning and management, working closely with the CEO and executive team. You will be asked to take on all aspects of each strategic project, from research and development, implementation, monitoring of processes to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness, and evaluation.
This role will be on-site. Our headquarters is located in Los Angeles, California.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work directly with Ghost's CEO to formulate business strategies and complete special projects of high priority in support of the objectives of the CEO and the organization
- Help to set strategic goals for operational effectiveness across functions to ensure company-wide growth
- Analyze daily operational performance across multiple functions to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks, assess potential issues, and recommend solutions for improvements
- Convene cross-functional meetings to coordinate and manage projects
- Assists in the development of materials, presentations, reports, and other documents for internal and external communication in support of the CEO
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Chief of Staff, Special Projects Manager, Strategy Manager or similar role with proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Prior experience working in banking, finance, or consulting is a bonus
- Versatile – Can adapt quickly and is very comfortable with no day looking the same
- Excellent time management and organizational skills – thrives in fast-moving environments requiring one to multitask and prioritize between multiple different projects and functions
- Data-driven – Strong working knowledge of data analytics, performance metrics, and business management software to track and analyze the data necessary to drive productive decision making
- Strong business acumen – Highly proficient in business plan development, forecasting, the ability to interpret financial data and allocate budgets
- Committed to operational excellence – known for high-velocity execution and can effectively balance long-term business goals with short-term need
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Ghost