An important link in the supply chain, the Production Supervisor will drive the business objectives and ensure that lines are running efficiently while focusing on safety, and on continuous and lean improvements. The Production Supervisor is at all times responsible for the cost, quality, machine/line efficiency, service level and safety of their assigned area to ensure the Company goals and objectives are met; daily, monthly, annual. The Production Supervisor is responsible to supervise a crew of production employees, team building, setting expectations and holding the team accountable for the quality, safety, efficiencies and sanitation of their assigned area. The Production Supervisor partners closely with cross-functional partners such as Quality, Human Resources, Maintenance and Engineering.
This position, by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, is responsible for recommending developing, implementing and managing safety, quality and food safety on all product lines.
NOTE: Ghirardelli is currently hiring for a 3rd shift supervisor. Hours are 10:00pm-6:30am
- Partner with Safety Manager ensure that Safety goals and objectives are met.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings and ensure proper training of staff in safety procedures and accident prevention.
- Familiar with State and Federal Safety Requirements.
- Conduct periodic line audits to ensure proper equipment operating conditions and capabilities within standards.
- Review and monitor the performance of lines regularly with maintenance staff and maintenance supervisor to develop lean programs and reduce waste.
- Analyze production issues and develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement strategies to address complex production issues.*
- Oversee the production manufacturing processes. *
- Hold employees accountable for the quality of the product they produce; coach and provide performance feedback to employees if applicable.
- Maintain existing HACCP, Master Sanitation, Weight Control and quality programs.
- Ensure all designated Quality Check are preformed and review quality issues and define action steps to prevent future errors.
- Regulate/monitor material flow and material usage.
- Report deviation of quantities or lot numbers on work orders to planning department.
- Inform the planning department of potential bottlenecks and production under achievements.
- Assess, identify and implement training needs of staff --operators and team leads, and participate in development of training programs when required.*
- Ensure that training matrix is updated as needed.
- Partner with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure labor issues are addressed in a timely manner and within the guidelines of the collective bargaining agreement. May involve participation in grievance meetings, contract negotiations, mediations or arbitrations as needed.*
- Set expectations and priorities and holds employees accountable.*
- Develop employees skills sets, on the job and through training
- Manage/resolve employee issues, disputes and/or grievances; elevate as necessary.*
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and integrated systems.*
- Strong verbal, written and conflict management skills*
- Strong knowledge of the production manufacturing processes. *
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects.*
- Required to work and function effectively in a union environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to proactively engage dialogue and communication to reach resolutions with employees at all levels of the organization.*
- Flexibility to work any shift, as needed.*
Education and Work Experience:
- BA degree in engineering/food science or related discipline and 2 to 4 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Chocolate experience desired or prior experience in food or pharmaceutical environment.