Ghirardelli's Restaurant and Retail stores are the first interaction that many customers have with the Ghirardelli brand. We provide our guests with a full sensory experience through both our ice cream fountain and retail gift options. We're looking for a Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of marketing activations, every day and seasonal launches for the Restaurant & Retail Division. You will work closely with the corporate team as well as support the store managers in driving business through partnerships, merchandising support and key initiatives to generate conversion. You will also assist with events that help showcase our brand, drive and manage key marketing initiatives across assigned stores and venues, as well as steer marketing within the Restaurant and Retail Division.
Drive Local Store Marketing (LSM)
- Drive annual planning, calendar and budget for regular retail stores.
- Continually research and seek out new division-wide initiatives that drive store traffic, average transaction and R&R brand awareness for each store.
- Maintain continuous contact with store managers to discuss new out-of-store opportunities and partnerships within each market.
- Track and analyze current local store initiatives and make recommendations on whether to continue/repeat/stop.
- Manage execution (promotional offers, advertising, creative designs, printing, etc.) of local store marketing by partnering with internal cross-functional teams.
- Manage and track LSM budgets for regular retail stores in accordance with activities planned.
Manage Seasonal Marketing
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to develop seasonal strategies based on long-term division strategy.
- Drive seasonal sales through key product promotions, compelling marketing and sales associate incentives.
- Pull historical store sales data (fountain and retail), as well as leverage current available data, to analyze previous seasons and make recommendations for future seasons based on sound analysis.
- Track, communicate and reward any in-store incentives.
- Work with Sr. Financial Analyst to conduct deep dive analysis as necessary (by store, by SKU, by category) to put together the full seasonal sales story both mid-season and with historical seasonal sales.
- Partner with Product Development Manager to analyze potential seasonal promotional opportunities based on SKU analysis (retail price, inventory, margins, etc.).
- Create and communicate seasonal briefs with key seasonal objectives for the creative team.
- Flawlessly execute seasonal marketing through superior project management both internally with cross-functional teams and externally with vendors (submit timely design requests, manage design process timeline, expedite routing and approval process, ensure timely release to printer, and track production & shipping until delivery at the store level).
- Communicate seasonal marketing to the stores by collaborating on Seasonal Marketing & Merchandising Rollouts and spearheading scheduling of and delivery of information via conference call.
- Track seasonal sales weekly in order to contribute to sales conversations and make recommendations on changes needed in order to maximize sales.
- Be up-to-date on restaurant, retail and food trends in order to brainstorm innovative seasonal marketing.
- Develop keen marketing retail design eye to come up with creative ideas that align with the brand, while driving sales.
- Perpetually compile seasonal inspiration to drive innovative imagery for future seasons.
- Support Sr. Marketing Manager on photo shoots.
General Marketing Responsibilities
Assist in creating signage, ads and special projects and manage process for creative, budget, printing and distribution -- working directly with designers, production manager and outside vendors.
Responsible for store checks locally to ensure all marketing is in good condition and if not, replacement of any necessary collateral.
Track and analyze various marketing initiatives - providing observations, conclusions and recommendations.
Monitor and administer gift card program for all stores (including design, ordering and execution).
Create marketing presentations as needed.
Provide direction and support to stores whenever necessary.
Responsible for all regular retail store visuals ensuring premium look and condition.
Project manage all marketing/visuals/signage for new store openings to ensure 100% accuracy and timely execution.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
Sound decision-making using marketing and company guidelines under limited supervision
Excellent phone skills and project management skills
Ability to multi-task, while using good judgment in prioritizing responsibilities
Flexibility and ability to decisively react to immediate business needs
Ability to work independently to develop and execute creative, out of the box concepts
Prior experience in marketing and food industry
Desire to monitor trends in the food and restaurant category
Ability to quickly move through different projects, seasons, and sustain high tempo
Keen understanding of marketing concepts and development
Computer Literate: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access, JD Edwards, COGNOS
Basic understanding of Restaurant & Retail Operational Procedures
Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with external customers
Ability to travel to various shop and customer locations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical skills
Interpersonal communication skills
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
3-4 years of relevant experience in marketing, advertising or promotions preferred in the Restaurant or Luxury Retail industry
Working knowledge of restaurant and/or retail desirable