Ghilotti Bros. Inc., a well-established, family-owned construction company in the North Bay is seeking a full-time Estimating Assistant.
GBI is looking for a person who can execute a high volume of work. The job entails persistent monitoring and action on multiple tasks. The ideal applicant is detail-oriented, proactive, dependable, and has a professional demeanor. A strong work ethic and positive team-attitude are essential. Must be a top-shelf organizer and multi-tasker. An intermediate level working knowledge of Outlook, and Office 365 applications including Excel is required. Experience in Smartsheet is a large plus. Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience in a business office environment.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Maintain and update database with current bid information and project data.
- DBE Goodfaith outreach and bid day follow up.
- Assist Bid Admin with bid day submittal.
- Assist Estimators with vendor solicitations prior to bid day .
- Populate Excel unit price comparison for public work jobs (accuracy crucial).
- Copy room and bid room organization, sanitization and supply ordering.
- Document Production.
- Compiling large amounts of data for tracking purposes.
- Coordinating with team members frequently for updates.
- Providing daily support to Bid Admin, Estimators and Business Development teams.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience in records management, office operations and customer service.
- Demonstrated experience proofreading, drafting, and managing correspondence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative concepts and practices and ability to apply them in a fast-paced environment.
- Notary Public a plus.
- Knowledge of general office machines and their maintenance.
- Quick and willing learner.
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Accurate verbal and written communication.
- Proofreading for detail accuracy.
- Active listening skills - ability to follow both verbal and written directions well.
If you're interested in this position, please submit a resume and write "Estimating Assistant " in the subject line. If you would like more information about our company, please visit www.ghilottibros.com.
GBI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, age, race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Ghilotti Bros., Inc.
Why Work Here?As one of the leading construction companies in the Bay Area, Ghilotti Bros., Inc. has established a permanent presence as a premiere general engineering contractor with projects spanning over numerous county lines. With our strong complement of dedicated employees and our family-owned heritage, now in its third generation, GBI is excited about its future outlook in continuing its 100+ year legacy in the Bay Area.
Great family culture, benefits and opportunities for growth!
San Rafael, CA