Engineering Technician I
- Posted: over a month ago
This position requires the high performance of a variety of entry-level engineering tasks. You will deploy several types of data collection equipment & devices for use in traffic engineering, GIS services, and infrastructure scanning.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 or more hours per week, Monday through Friday. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, but the hours will vary depending on specific tasks given. There may be occasional weekend work required to meet deadlines; you must be flexible. Short-term travel between states and overnight stays should be expected and will be required.
As a GHA team member, you shall adhere to the company values in all phases of your work, show a professional demeanor, and be client-focused. You shall be technically sound, exhibit exemplary organizational and communications skills, be a self-starter, and be able to carry out tasks with limited oversight and in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their responsibilities. In addition to the task listed above, the position will require you to demonstrate competency in the following areas.
- Set up, monitor, and take down diverse types of traffic data collection equipment.
- Use GPS equipment to locate and document field data for GIS services.
- Locate and scan underground infrastructure from the surface with scanning equipment.
- Ability to become proficient in a variety of data collection applications.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Vision and stamina to drive a vehicle for long distances.
- Shall have basic knowledge of a Windows OS.
- Shall have basic knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Excel.
- Shall have basic knowledge of an Apple iPad.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn the functionality of new equipment.
- Work is performed in both the field and an office environment.
- Field work may include working outdoors on sites with exposure to inclement weather or extreme weather conditions. Light to moderate physical demands, including sitting, standing, or walking for prolonged periods of time shall be expected. Strength shall be sufficient to lift and/or move items weighing >50 lbs.
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an e-Verify employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
GHA offers excellent benefits packages that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parental Leave, Additional Paid Time Off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401-K Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing, and Tuition Reimbursement. To learn more, please visit us at www.gha-engineers.com
Gewalt Hamilton Associates, Inc.
AddressVernon Hills, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?