Rider Operations Manager - Boston
Getir Boston, MA
- Expired: August 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Were Getir, the pioneers of super-fast delivery. We deliver groceries such as sandwiches to shampoo, dog food to beer, in an average of ten minutes. Founded in 2015, we now deliver hundreds of thousands of orders a day from more than 300 locations in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands and Turkey. In 2021, we plan to rock the streets and doorsteps of many, many more cities across the world, including the USA, spreading the experience and wonder of seamless, super-fast delivery that simply works for everyone. To make super-fast delivery possible, we dont refrain from getting involved in all the aspects that go into it. However, we like to do everything in a startup-savvy way that is driven by technology.
As we expand our operations globally, its vital that we onboard enthusiastic, pragmatic Rider Operations Managers to both keep us in check and to help us with expanding operations into new markets. You will play a crucial role in our growth and success by ensuring our cities in the US are launched and are successful. You will work alongside highly motivated and talented teams while engaging with different stakeholders and the founding team. Those with real resilience, creativity, persistence and impatience will find themselves succeeding!
What you will do at Getir
* Creating procedures, policies and standards related to fleet management including safety, emergency response, maintenance of the scooters.
* Creating procedures, policies and standards related to couriers and management of their department - daily safety checklists, onboarding process, the training processes.
* Management of the wellbeing of the couriers - ensuring that their needs related to work are met - correct and clean uniform is distributed before the start date; training is completed -online and on the field; tools to do the job are delivered - phone holders etc.
* Create purchase plans for the new openings and current sites if necessary.
* Liaise with legal team and Operations to ensure that safety standards are met and the relevant amount of couriers is placed at each site.
* Previous relevant experience in an on-demand delivery company managing fleet or courier related processes.
* Previous experience managing stock levels and distribution process is desirable but not essential.
* Previous experience managing fleet accident logs and insurance related processes.
* A keen eye for detail as you will be required to take on multiple projects.
* A flexible approach and a team player with a positive can-do, no-nonsense approach.
* A motivation to work hard and make the most of our training.
* A willingness to learn you dont need field operations experience to succeed.
* Friendliness, flexibility, reliability, honesty and enthusiasm
* A once-in-a-career opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing mobile-commerce businesses in the world on our scaleup journey now in the USA
* The rare chance to work in a vibrant and energising culture and develop your commercial skills for the digital future of retail
* Generous compensation package designed to reward your commitment to the growth of Getir
* Career development opportunities. We really mean it when we say this. Upward and sideways mobility are some of our favorite terms. Our ambitions go beyond the USA, with our eyes set on becoming an international success story that also enables and fosters stories of success on the individual level.
BusinessView all jobs at Getir