Fast-paced but casual law office seeking a highly-qualified Legal Assistant to become a part of our team and contribute to our ongoing success.We are seeking someone with experience and superb writing skills to assist our attorneys with various activities related to immigration law, particularly business immigration.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Prepare forms on our professional software such as adjustment of status, renewals of work/travel permits and extension applications.
2. Assemble documents and petitions for complex business and litigation cases.
3. Write affidavits for immigration waiver cases and prepare support letters and documentation for employment-related visa petitions (ex: E-2 treaty investor visas).
4. Take overflow phone calls from our receptionist.
5. Create invoices for clients.
6. Make inquiries online and over the phone with various government agencies.
7. Respond to clients' inquiries regarding case status updates and taking .
8.Scan and sort our daily postal mail and evidence gathered for assembly.
1. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail, accuracy and organization are critical to your success in this position. Excellent grammar and proof-reading skills are required. The ability to follow directions and pay attention to detail is also a must.
2. Must be flexible with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
3. Must be capable of performing a variety of administrative, secretarial and legal duties for the attorneys.
4. Must be able to identify and prioritize urgent matters as well as manage time and multitask effectively.
5. Speaks English at an idiomatic level. Bilingual in any other language is a plus, but is not required.
6. Prior experience as a legal assistant (particularly with immigration) is a plus, but is not required.
7. Must be able to type at least 50 words per minute and have proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and internet-based software. You will be working on a Mac and will be trained if you’re unfamiliar.
1. Salary will be determined by experience.
2. There will be a 90-day trial period (paid) before we can determine that this will work out (reviews will be provided at the end of each 30 days).
3. Please submit a resume and a transcript from your highest level of education for consideration.
4. We provide a competitive compensation package, including health insurance and retirement benefits, with potential for growth.
5. Applicants must submit to a background check.
6. Paid vacation time is granted after the first year of employment at our firm.
Job Type: Full-time