What We Do.
At Gerotech, we are proud to offer the highest value in CNC machinery, innovative engineered solutions, and unparalleled support through service and training. At Gerotech, we do more than sell machine tools.
We’re changing the face of Manufacturing. Join Us.
We pride ourselves in our family-like culture where every member of our team is committed to providing customers with the best support in every phase of our business. We have the experience to back it up, as over 35% of our team has ten years or more of company service. Gerotech employees enjoy great benefits and a flexible work environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded!
Let us help you reach your potential.
We are looking for a self-motivated Sales Engineer who is passionate about providing best in class service. Our Sales Engineer sells Gerotech products and manages relationships with an assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet or exceed the sales goals established for assigned accounts
- Plan, direct, coordinate and manage all sales related activities
- For machine tools/products represented by the company, determine strategies for identifying and participating in all metal cutting machine transactions
- Identify all customer or prospective customer personnel that are influential in the decision making process for products distributed by the company, and develop an on-going working relationship with such individuals; work with such individuals to identify and participate in machine tool purchasing plans and methods to improve part-processing efficiencies
- Identify all accounts (e.g. companies, locations, etc.) where the company has the potential to sell its products and services
- Maintain and update a marketing database listing all accounts (of both existing customers and potential customers) within the assigned territory. The software for such database will be provided by management. The database should be updated for the following items:
- Record of all sales and marketing activity conducted with accounts in the assigned territory
- For each account in the database, inventory list of existing machine tools (both sold by the company or sold to the account by a competitor)
- Inquiries from personnel at applicable accounts regarding our products or services
- Description of each account’s industry or business (e.g. job shop, manufacturer of truck components, manufacturer of aerospace components, etc.
- The contact information (name, title, address, telephone number, e-mail, mobile number, etc.) for all account personnel with influence on the machine-tool decision making process
- On a self-directed basis or with the assistance of other company personnel (as appropriate), select, evaluate and determine the required machines and manufacturing processes for identified machine tool sales opportunities
- Present and effectively demonstrate company products
- Prepare sales quotations/proposals (including determining the appropriate selling price) and provide such quotations/proposals to the appropriate account personnel. When determining selling price, obtain management approval when appropriate
- Negotiate and ultimately close orders
- Coordinate the resolution of all customer-related issues, including machine problems, service response concerns, billing discrepancies and payment delinquencies
- Prepare and update a monthly “hot list” of active sales opportunities and provide such list to the Director of Sales or other members of management
- Prepare lost order analyses as directed by management
- Provide feedback to management on competitors’ products and strategies, including pricing, existing product configurations/specifications and emerging technologies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience in machine tools preferred
- A good working knowledge of basic machine tool construction and operation
- Knowledge of the selection and application of cutting tools for both turning and milling
- An understanding of the selection of feeds and speeds for turning and milling carbon and alloy steels, aluminum and other commonly used materials
- Solid computer skills, including a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) match, life insurance, disability and more.
Why Work Here?We pride ourselves in our family-like culture where every member of our team is committed to providing customers with the best machines, solutions, and support in the industry. We have the experience to back it up, as over 35% of our team has ten years or more of company service. Gerotech employees enjoy great benefits and a flexible environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded. So if you’re ready to launch your career working with some of the best people and companies in the industry, let’s talk.
We pride ourselves in our family-like culture with great benefits and a flexible environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded!