Ford Preowned Sales Manager
The Preowned Sales Manager ensures that the dealership meets its unit sales quotas and its gross objectives on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. You will ensure that the retail and fleet units sold produce sufficient gross to aid the dealership in reaching its profit objective on a monthly and yearly basis. You will accomplish these objectives through planning, organizing, coordinating, and measuring the activities of the New- and Used-vehicle Sales Departments.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the preowned vehicle inventory and ensure that all vehicles are lot ready within the 3-day reconditioning window and are inspected daily as to their retail readiness.
- Manage the turn rate of the preowned inventory and maintain keep the maximum age at no more than 60 days.
- Meet required sales objectives as set forth by the General Manager each month.
- Determine monthly and yearly forecasts in terms of unit sales, gross profit objectives, and departmental profits.
- Assist the GSM in forecasting monthly with each salesperson to establish objectives in terms of the number and type of customers coming into the dealership, closing percentages in each category, time utilization, prospecting efforts, unit sales, and projected income.
- Prepare a Plan of the Week and submit to the GM.
- Meet with each salesperson as early as possible every day to review yesterday’s results and today’s plan of action.
- Conduct sales meetings.
- Facilitate pre-delivery with the Service Manager.
- Provide on the job training for salespeople.
- Ensure that salespeople are following an established prospecting program to obtain optimum results.
- Review monthly commission sheets, productivity reports, salespersons’ monthly forecast, and profit performance with the Dealer by salesperson and as a department.
- Require that standards are maintained for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining vehicles.
- Ensure that every prospect is thanked personally.
- Keep an accurate count of floor traffic.
- Implement and monitor Factory Standards and programs to achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction.
- Conduct and document ongoing refresher safety training within the sales department.
- Conduct periodic self-inspection for hazard assessment within the sales department and recommend and document action needed and action taken.
- Ensure that sales department employees follow safety policy and practices and that they report any and all accidents immediately.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- Must be legally and technically able to safely operate Company and customer-owned vehicles.
- Must be insurable by Company insurance carrier.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Two years of automotive sales experience.
- One year in a dealership management position.
- Excellent communication skills. Excellent managerial skills.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, and valid driver license.
Gerald Jones Ford LincolnAugusta, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.