Assists dentist, sets up equipment, prepares patients' for treatment, and keeps records.
- Prepares patient, sterilizes or disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Takes and records patients medical and dental histories and vital signs.
- Assists dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Orders and monitors dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricates temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Post-secondary certificate from an accredited dental assistant program
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic with engaging with staff and cliental