Sr. Engineering Technologist
Geoship Nevada City, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our north star is the thriving geodesic world. Today, Geoship is actively developing technologies to build that world one dome at a time.
We value a learning mindset, an organized approach to work, transparency, and evolutionary purpose.
- CAD design and simulations in SolidWorks.
- Design and Development of production tooling for the bioceramic dome (molds, injectors, mixers, etc).
- Develop the ceramic molding factory of the future to enable highly automated production of ceramic composite components for affordable regenerative housing.
- Use your well-rounded technical knowledge to display proficiency in basic structural sizing, mechanisms, and design while making development decisions based on cost and schedule considerations.
- Excellent attention to detail, eye and heart to craft.
- Ability to work through challenges in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Contribute to an emerging culture of community building, evolutionary design, manufacturing excellence, and compassionate service
- Expert level experience in CAD (esp SolidWorks) is required.
- Intermediate to expert level experience in programming or operating machining tools.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering/manufacturing industry, techniques, products, processes.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working at a production facility.
- Experience with automated production equipment.
- Experience managing assembly models and drawings.
- Hands on experience with equipment manufacturing and implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design of molded parts.
- Experience designing mechanisms.
- Experience with production tooling or product design in either prototype or volume environments.
- Good understanding and application of GD&T.
- Experience with finite element analysis software.
- Experience designing mass efficient structures.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Team Player with ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Get it done approach to a wide range of basic shop tasks.
- Ability to build trust and be accountable within a highly productive team.
- Experience in CAM programming and CNC machine operation.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Must live in the area, or be willing to relocate.
- Experience working at a technology startup, building the future you wish to part of.
- Health Coverage + up to $200/month to support Whole Person Healing.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation + unlimited unpaid time off.
- Dome discounts.
- STOCK OPTIONS.
AddressNevada City, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Geoship